Author Topic: Sims 4 has stopped working  (Read 4010 times)

Offline Finnick

• Nooboo
Sims 4 has stopped working
« on: September 14, 2016, 08:32:22 AM »
So I just bought the sims 4, and get to work and installed them however the issue I'm having is that randomly throughout the game it will just close to desktop with a message saying 'The sims 4 has stopped working' and windows tries to find a solution but never does. Mind you this isn't just happening while loading it, I could have been playing 5 minutes, or an hour, it's completely random and I have no idea why its happening. There's no lag, my drivers are up to date, all my settings are on medium or low just in case though it did run fine on high, other than the crashing. I have no idea why it's happening :c

I also tried a clean boot and deleting some random stuff I had from when my boyfriend used this computer just in case and it STILL stopped working, Origin in offline mode AND having it disabled in game, with everything on medium or low settings

Edit #2
I tried running it in windowed mode and it worked a lot longer than before, but then again it crashed randomly and after reloading it thinking okay, well maybe it was just a fluke it crashed 2 minutes into gameplay

Offline Finnick

• Nooboo
Re: Sims 4 has stopped working
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 08:41:33 AM »
And just now it happened again, I did some of the suggestions like deleting the previous crash txt files, I put origin in offline mode, and disabled the online content ingame yet it still crashed

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 10:50:29 AM »
Thank you for posting what you've tried.

In the link below are some troubleshooting tips, skip over those you've already tried.

General Crashing Issues/Stopped Working
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29308.msg408903#msg408903
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Finnick

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 11:57:02 AM »
Thank you for replying c:

It seems to have a bit more time between crashes now, However its still doing it at completely random times and there is no lag beforehand either, it just suddenly stops working. I will try running origin as admin and trying to log out as well.

I've also made sure my graphics card can run it, Its an NVIDIA Geforce 660, in case the site I was looking at that said it could lied.

Update:
I tried running origin as admin and it worked for over an hour before it crashed which is more than anything else has helped

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 04:46:23 PM »
I had a similar problem.  Hubby and I eventually diagnosed a memory chip problem.  We went into system and it showed less memory available than it was supposed to have.  We replaced the memory with new (larger) chips and all was good.  I assume you have done all the other basic pc maintainance stuff, virus check, disc check etc.

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 09:39:12 PM »
Some other general things to check is heat - is the computer getting too hot. If you're using a desktop, try opening the case and make sure the fans inside are spinning freely (case, CPU and graphics card). Also check the wires running through the case and make sure it's not blocking the airflow through the case.

Try running memtest86 (free edition should be fine) and make sure you don't have faulty memory. As HelenP mentions, memory can fail and that can cause issues with games and other applications.

One thing that may help is if it crashes again, copy and paste the error details here and I'll see if I can help you decipher the problem.

Hope this helps and happy Simming! :)

Flynn
Check out Flynn's Fineries for houses, Sims and helpful articles.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

anything