Author Topic: New Origin Client Update  (Read 1710 times)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
New Origin Client Update
« on: September 08, 2016, 03:57:00 PM »
Recently EA began updating it's Origin client (Late August). If you don't have it yet you soon will. They are slowly pushing out the new client even if you weren't included in the beta testing.

The update may change your game settings and options.

To fix or check in on this, login to Origin, right-click on Sims 4 and select Game Properties to turn Off (uncheck) Origin In-game.

Under the Advanced Launch Options, you may want to check to make sure you're running the Sims 4 64 Bit.

The update changed my in-game options as well. After some digging I found that it created a new Sims 4 folder, and renamed the old folder.

To fix this, just either rename or delete the new folder and rename your old folder The Sims 4. It is okay to do this, as the old folder has all your game saves and other files needed to play the game.

The link below has more information on the new Origin client.

Origin Client's New Look and How-To:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/check-out-origins-new-look/

** Posting this in Gameplay help, so more game players can see this.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: New Origin Client Update
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 07:44:52 PM »
There is a UI bug with this update. The settings may look like they are on 32 bit but it will still launch 64bit if that is what you had prior to the update. SimguruNick has confirmed this on the USA official forums but I seem to have lost the thread...  ::)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.