Author Topic: Graphics Card  (Read 1704 times)

Offline SamPlaysSimGames

• Nooboo
Graphics Card
« on: September 10, 2016, 02:18:25 PM »
Hello all,

I am currently custom building my PC and I just wanted to know if I could run The Sims 4 with no problems, (I have mostly every stuff pack, and game pack)

The specs I want to pick are -

AMD FX-4350 4.20 Ghz
AMD Radeon 840 4GB
8GB RAM

Will I be able to run the Sims 4 with no problems or will it be too powerful to run the game?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Graphics Card
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 04:56:24 PM »
AMD Radeon 840 4GB should do fine for both Sims 3 and 4 on highest/ultra settings.

If I may recommend getting a 600W power supply at minimum. As getting this will ensure you have enough power to run whatever computer parts you put in the system, plus the graphics card.

EVGA 600W Power Supply 100-B1-0600-KR = Price: $46.31
https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-BRONZE-Warranty-Tester-100-B1-0600-KR/dp/B00EON40CS

However with Sims 3, please keep in mind due to the game engine's quirks the game still suffers from micro-stutters and periodic slow downs. There is not a lot you can do to fix this.

Also the more content you add to the game, like custom content, game mods and store content the more the game will lag. This is due to the way the game handles additional content. Again, not much can be done to speed that up unfortunately. But it is far less noticeable on a desktop.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SamPlaysSimGames

• Nooboo
Re: Graphics Card
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 08:15:08 AM »
Thank you so much for replying so quickly,

I will take into consideration about the power supply.

anything