Author Topic: Turning things, Going out, and favorite EP  (Read 1787 times)

Offline NurseyMcNursePants

• Nooboo
Turning things, Going out, and favorite EP
« on: August 30, 2016, 03:12:26 AM »
Hi Everyone!
There are a million posts and I'm brand new so I'm very sorry if this is a repost. I just started playing Sims4 after playing all the other versions over the years with lots of EPs. I read part of the post about things that were missing or different in Sims4 but didn't come across these. I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.
In the other versions you could place an object and then turn it/rotate it in the Buy mode. I can't figure out how to do that in Sims4. Is there a way?
Also, the neighborhood is so small and there is nothing there. Is there a place for my sims to go, like a gym or anything or do I have to buy an EP for that? Seems weird that there were no other houses, restaurants or a gym to go visit, just a couple parks.
Lastly, what is your favorite EP for Sims4 and why?
Thanks!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: Turning things, Going out, and favorite EP
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 06:23:54 PM »
Hi and Welcome! I think I can help with your questions.

You can definitely rotate objects. Once you've selected an object by clicking on it in build/buy mode, push the comma , or period . keys on your keyboard to rotate it.

You can also travel out of your neighborhood to find fun things to do. You can push the m key to bring up a map and choose a destination from there, or click on your phone and there are traveling options there, too. With the base game you should have three different towns: Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, and Newcrest. Newcrest will be empty until you place things there, but Willow Creek and Oasis Springs each have a more commercial neighborhood with a gym, a museum, and a library or bars and nightclubs, depending on where you are. You can switch between towns by clicking the globe in the upper left corner of the map.

I really love both EPs out so far, but I think Get Together is my favorite because I like the club system so much and the dancing skill. The dance floors make nightclubs much more fun and exciting.

I hope that was helpful!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 11:11:05 PM »
Very very helpful!! Thank you!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 01:17:07 AM »
I love the game packs Outdoor Retreat and Spa Day best although Get Together is almost a must to be honest, as it changes a lot about how you actually play with your sims.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 01:10:31 PM »
Thanks! I bought the EP for careers and am really enjoying it so far. It was nice that they were 50% off!

anything