Author Topic: Sims 4 FPS Question  (Read 11461 times)

Offline Xterno50

• Nooboo
Sims 4 FPS Question
« on: August 15, 2016, 04:39:02 PM »
Hi. I have The Sims 4, with all the DLC and when i create a sim and take it to the first town (the town that comes with the base game) i get like 40+ and some drops.

How did you get 100+ on Sims 3 + expansions ? (with sims 4 being less demanding)

Laptop specs.

i7 6700HQ
960M 4GB GDDR5
8GB DDR4
1TB HDD 5400RPM
Windows 10
All drivers up to date

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 4 FPS Question
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 09:29:38 PM »
If V-Sync is turned on try turning it off. Then check the frame rate after getting back into game.

From Main Menu > Game Options > Graphics > Vertical Sync - uncheck it.
Make sure the refresh rate set to default. This will turn off the frame limiter
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Xterno50

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 12:20:54 AM »
If V-Sync is turned on try turning it off. Then check the frame rate after getting back into game.

From Main Menu > Game Options > Graphics > Vertical Sync - uncheck it.
Make sure the refresh rate set to default. This will turn off the frame limiter

Yes V-Sync was off. And the FPS limiter was off too...

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 12:38:22 AM »
I'm sorry it's still not quite working as it should. I did a quick search on tweaking the FPS on Sims 4 and found this guide that might help. Performance Boost Guide
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Xterno50

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 12:54:43 AM »
Thanks will check it out.

But should´t i get the same FPS as you? with the same graphic card (and maybe the same or better processor)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 01:33:36 AM »
Possibly. However, it sounds like something is still not working as it should. Like maybe the settings in the Nvidia Control Panel need tweaking? (How to below)

It's mentioned in the thread linked below that there is a known FPS dropping bug that's been around since 2015. A lot of Simmers are getting drop into the 40's when zoomed out.

Sims 4 FPS Drops

We went into game to test this and found we were getting dropping into the 40s as well when zooming out.

1. Right click on the desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel.
2. Select Manage 3D Settings.
3. Select Program Settings tab.
4. Click Add.
5. Select The Sims 4 and click Add Selected Program.
6. Choose the preferred graphics processor to use from the drop menu and select High-Performance NVIDIA Processor.

Offline Xterno50

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2016, 11:05:14 PM »
Possibly. However, it sounds like something is still not working as it should. Like maybe the settings in the Nvidia Control Panel need tweaking? (How to below)

It's mentioned in the thread linked below that there is a known FPS dropping bug that's been around since 2015. A lot of Simmers are getting drop into the 40's when zoomed out.

Sims 4 FPS Drops

We went into game to test this and found we were getting dropping into the 40s as well when zooming out.

1. Right click on the desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel.
2. Select Manage 3D Settings.
3. Select Program Settings tab.
4. Click Add.
5. Select The Sims 4 and click Add Selected Program.
6. Choose the preferred graphics processor to use from the drop menu and select High-Performance NVIDIA Processor.

Thanks i will try that out.

Off topic,

While i was having this issue i downloaded The Sims 2 Complete Collection from Origin and i am having a really bad performance. It should work flawlessly and it doesn't. I get drops to 15 fps, when zooming in/out, when i use the game speed button it stutters, really bad. I heard this is because the game is too old, but is there any way to make it run better? Same laptop as mentioned before.

Running max settings 1920x1080 except for shadow details (at medium to avoid a black square bug)

When in build mode or in Create a Sim, when i click a category it freezes to load the objects and then continues.

Just wondering if you had any idea. Already trid High Performance mode, choose TS2 to run at max performance, tried disabling the cpu cores except for one as suggested by someone and nothing helps.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2016, 11:58:50 PM »
I'm afraid that we might not be able to help with Sims 2 UC. We have the game. We just haven't dug into it as much. Oooh.. Wait.. I take that back. I just thought of something. Hubby wrote this post awhile back that might help.

Running Sims 2 on Modern Systems
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=24168.msg418503#msg418503

Hopefully it helps some. :)

Offline Xterno50

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2016, 12:17:44 AM »
I'm afraid that we might not be able to help with Sims 2 UC. We have the game. We just haven't dug into it as much. Oooh.. Wait.. I take that back. I just thought of something. Hubby wrote this post awhile back that might help.

Running Sims 2 on Modern Systems
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=24168.msg418503#msg418503

Hopefully it helps some. :)
Thanks trying to help me (:

My other games run well, the only thing with Sims 2 is that it is very old and it is not recognising my specs. I already posted on another forum where seems to be a person editing a file to every person's spec to run the game right.