Author Topic: Interaction Menu Slow to Open When Clicking on Sims/Objects  (Read 11245 times)

Offline Drayk

• Nooboo
Interaction Menu Slow to Open When Clicking on Sims/Objects
« on: August 14, 2016, 03:11:27 PM »
(First post on this forum~)

I have had a problem with my game since I moved to a new (weaker) computer. When I click on a Sim -the active sim included-, the phone, or objects that can be interacted with (paintings, appliances, radios; everything), there is a problematic amount of delay between the clicking and the appearance of the menu. If I wanted to click on Bella Goth to Throw Drink at her, I would have to wait a few seconds for the social menu to appear, then several more to get to the "Mean" interactions. The more menu options there are, the longer the delay.

The delay itself would not be problematic if it only happened occasionally or if it were shorter, but it causes a massive annoyance in aggregate. There is almost no delay normally, so this problem is especially annoying. It is also worth noting that there is also a short gap between a Sim getting a command and then actually doing it. When they do actually do the action, there is no issue. There wouldn't be any lag at all in actually throwing the drink at Bella, just lag getting to that point.

What I've tried:
-Removing all CC/Mods (Made no difference)
-Moving the Sims 4 Folder in My Documents to Desktop to reset it (It MIGHT have helped a little, but that can't be confirmed)
-Making a new save (No difference)
-Lowering graphic settings (I've played on super-low and super-high; makes no difference. I can play it fine otherwise on highest graphics. I do have Laptop mode on.)
-Updating Drivers (I did that before I noticed this issue)
-Using the "Razor Cortex" program to close other programs to save memory (This actually DID work; in that it almost removed all the lag on clicking on objects/the active sim. Other sims and the phone still take 8 seconds at least to open. The program can be found for free online and works by closing other programs while you play and then reopening them when you're done.)

What I have NOT tried:
-Reinstalling
-Cleaning out the cache folders or whatever that mess is

I mentioned that I did not have this problem on my old computer, which makes me think it might be a memory-type issue. On this website (http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/the-sims-4/12305) I hit all the computer specs required to run the game with a few exceptions:

-"Dedicated Video Ram" (Requires 128 MBs, I have 32 MB. I am not a computer expert, so that means little to me.)
-The "minimum" CPU is describe as "Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ (2.0 GHz Dual Core required if using integrated graphics)" and I have Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N2840 @ 2.16GHz.

Chances are that the CPU is the issue, but I would like to know if there is anything else I can try, or if there is anything I can do to improve the issue. I cannot update the drivers any more to my knowledge. I have been told that the video ram might be the issue as well.

The RAM, OS, Free Disk Space, Sound Card, and most of the Video Card settings are all seen as good enough by that program.

I don't know my old computer's specs.

Any help is appreciated!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Interaction Menu Slow to Open When Clicking on Sims/Objects
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 04:14:48 PM »
You've hit the nail on the head. CPU and graphics are weaker than is recommended. It's highly recommended to have a computer with at least recommended specs to play the game with any decency. As minimum specs will only allow for lowest settings at best and cause a whole lot of headaches.

Recommended specs:
Processor: 2.5 GHz processor or faster from either AMD or Intel.
Graphics: GTX or AMD R7 or better (dedicated) graphics with 1 to 2 GB video memory. Look for a card that has GDDR5 memory.
System Memory: 8 GB Memory
For laptops - a cooling mat (even if the laptop will be used on a desk).

Read more in the post below -
Buying a Computer For The Sims 3 & The Sims 4
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21609.msg387974#msg387974

The post linked below gives tips on how to help the game run smoother.
How to reduce loading time, so it loads faster?
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=23697.msg412348#msg412348
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything