Author Topic: Won't go past first loading screen  (Read 5781 times)

Offline norahfields

• Nooboo
Won't go past first loading screen
« on: July 01, 2016, 07:05:01 PM »
I open the game and everything runs smoothly during the maxis commercial etc. but, then when the Sims 4 loading screen before playing the game comes it freezes my entire computer and i'm stuck there until i force my computer to shut down by holding the power button for a couple seconds. How do i fix this? I know it's not my computer, i have a great gaming laptop that works wonder with all games that i play so I don't know what's going on!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Won't go past first loading screen
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 09:19:53 PM »
There wasn't mention of what troubleshooting tips were tried, so here's a list of tips to try:

Game Will Not Launch/Start/Load
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21899.msg410185.html#msg410185

Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline stellaritsky

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 04:44:07 AM »
Were you able to fix them? I guess I'm experiencing the same problem. I'm able to get into CAS and create a Sim and move them into the world. But whenever I go to play the current household loading the game takes forever. The longest wait was 40 minutes. I ended up force quitting out of the game. This always happens when I press the play button.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 01:44:45 PM »
It definitely shouldn't be taking 40 minutes to load a game. Look at the link below for some tips to help reduce loading time.

How to reduce loading time, so it loads faster?
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=23697.msg412348#msg412348
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *