Author Topic: Sim is unable to play the piano  (Read 2989 times)

Offline Jl3tanner

• Nooboo
Sim is unable to play the piano
« on: August 14, 2016, 02:24:16 AM »
Only one of my sims does not have the option to play the piano.  The sim is a young adult and when I click on the piano all I get is "sit" or "Hire a musician". All of the other eligible sims are able to "practise". I have deleted the piano, got a new one, tried to sit first to play and moved the piano to a new location.  It is really annoying as it is my "super sim". Does anyone have any experience with this glitch or have any ideas to solve the issue?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sim is unable to play the piano
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 03:00:11 AM »
Hi @Jl3tanner Welcome to the forum.  If you have any mods or CC in your game remove them and delete the localthumbcache.package file from your TheSims4 folder and the try again. Remember to quit without saving or your game will be saved without all the CC and you will have to replace it all again.
If the piano works as normal with the sim then you will know its a mods/cc issue so then you can add half back..test etc until you figure out which mod or cc is broken.

If you don't have any mods or cc I'd still delete the localthumbcache.package file from your TheSims4 folder and the try again. Sometimes something as simple as this solves these kinds of glitches.

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jl3tanner

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 05:33:50 PM »
I do not have any cc installed in my game due to past issues. I have tried removing the cache file with no luck and now repairing the game. Fingers crossed it works. Thank you for responding and I will let you know the outcome of the game repair.

Offline Jl3tanner

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 05:48:35 PM »
Still no luck after the repair.  The sim can play all other instruments apart from the piano. It has bamboozled me.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 07:59:00 PM »
It's probably something simple that neither of us can think of! Is there an overhead light fixture over the piano?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything