Author Topic: Sims 4 - Good house size?  (Read 8051 times)

Offline alwayslanie

• Nooboo
Sims 4 - Good house size?
« on: August 25, 2017, 12:39:26 AM »
Would starting out building a tiny house make it easier to build regular sized homes?

Offline alwayslanie

• Nooboo
Re: Sims 4 - Good house size?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 12:42:12 AM »
What's the best house size for beginner builders in the sims 4?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline alwayslanie

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 12:46:05 AM »
How to i begin building a house?

Offline Ninane

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 05:22:10 AM »
How to i begin building a house?

Try starting here:

The Sims 4 Building Basics:
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/tutorials/building/houses.php

Builder's Tips, Tricks and How-To Plus Decorating Ideas Updated With Links
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=23953.msg415779#msg415779

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 12:51:12 AM »
Would starting out building a tiny house make it easier to build regular sized homes?
Hi alwayslanie.  Welcome to the forum :)!

In my experience, regular houses were easier to build when I first started playing TS4.  I never played The Sims before that.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 10:17:03 AM »
When I started in the Sims 4, I just built on the smallest lots 15x20 - like Nookstone. It's less intimidating. The lower floor could be kitchen / dining, lounge, bathroom. More than that would get cluttered. Have at least 2 bedrooms in the floor above and a bathroom. And that's a house.

That said, perhaps my altogether most perfect, amazing house fills up a 30x20 lot. And then I built the same house again on a 30x40 lot, and now there's a bit of garden space. A mistake I've made a few times is starting on a big lot and making the house way too big. 
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 12:39:19 PM »
My first homes had no walls. LOL. But after reading the guides the only real advice is to start with an open floor plan, place what you wish for said room and then build the walls. I hate to reconfigure walls after I start placing stuff because I have too much empty space or just can't get the floor plan right do to needing more space. Remember this if you mess up most everything can be undone or adjusted so it isn't a big deal. Read the guides and dive in.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 04:53:21 PM »
I think it's easier to start small like everyone says. I also think building without  a foundation on the house is easier when you are a beginner builder. I would suggest you go into premade houses and practice on rebuilding them and modifying them. It will both improve your building skills and make you better at knowing how much space you need for the things you like in your houses. Are you someone who likes an effective house where the sims can get  places quickly? Or do you care more about how it looks? Or do you want to have all the things in one place?

anything