Author Topic: The Sims 4 Backyard Stuff  (Read 8929 times)

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
The Sims 4 Backyard Stuff
« on: July 12, 2016, 01:46:35 PM »
You can now purchase The Sims 4 Backyard Stuff Pack for $9.99

Personalize Your Own Backyard

Give your Sims a backyard they can really enjoy with The Sims™ 4 Backyard Stuff! Add fun lawn water slides and colorful new objects to spice up the space. Slip into something a little more comfortable, and remember to keep plenty of lemonade on hand.

KEY FEATURES

Soak Up the Fun.
Let your Sims cool off and show off on two all-new lawn water slides. Perform a variety of tricks for your audience like surf-sliding through the jaws of a shark. Then add a little soap - because everything's better with bubbles!

Customize the Outdoor Décor.
Add your personal touch with decorative lights and maybe a set of potted plants. Give your Sims and their guests a great place to spend time with multi-colored patio furniture. And don't forget a soothing set of wind chimes or a bird feeder to make your Sims' personal retreat complete.

Lounge in Casual Fashions.
It's definitely time to dress down with some fun laid-back clothing. Your Sims can really let their hair down with relaxed new styles that'll look great while sipping an iced tea!

Original Post
There is a new Stuff Pack on the horizon, and it is called the Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, due out July 19th (next week)

To get this started, here is some information:
Source:  The Sims.com

Have Fun in the Sun With The Sims 4 Backyard Stuff

The days are long and the sun is bright; it’s the perfect time for your Sims to enjoy The Sims 4 Backyard Stuff*, coming July 19th!

Looking to update your backyard? Additional customization options for your outdoor spaces await, with bright colours and patterns adding a splash of excitement. You’ll be able to decorate with everything from spinning wind catchers to spitting frog fountains and scented flowers, all helping set a casual backyard vibe. When your Sims’ friends and family drop by for a cookout, they’ll be showing off their stylish new fashions as they sit around the new umbrella table that accommodates meal servings for up to six Sims. An assortment of comfortable clothing comes in vibrant summer prints, and relaxed hairstyles are available in natural and ombre colours.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GGXisqUVSCM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

While it’s great to look great, it’s the fun new activities and objects which make for a memorable backyard experience. First, you’ll definitely want to clear space for the Lawn Water Slide. Sims will flip out (sometimes quite literally!) over the fun they’ll have while sliding and performing tricks on a sunny afternoon. All that exercise can build up a real thirst, and the new drink pitcher will definitely help you quench it. Mix up refreshing recipes like lemonade, iced tea, and more, then pour over ice and enjoy.

For a rejuvenating experience in the backyard, you can sit back and tune in to the sound of nature all around you. Place the new bird feeder in your backyard, and you’ll be serenaded by the chirps of bluebirds, cardinals, and finches as they fly in for a bite to eat. You can add the new wind chime to your backyard as well for a soothing Sim-made melody. Choose from bamboo, ceramic, or metallic chimes... pair them together if you like, or even set the length of the rods to adjust the chime’s pitch. It’s guaranteed to be music to your ears (and perhaps a nightmare for your neighbors).

One thing’s for certain, there’s plenty of new fun outside for your entire Sims’ family to delight in when The Sims 4 Backyard Stuff releases on July 19th.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Backyard Stuff
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 02:01:34 PM »
Yay! Water slides are back! I admit I was hoping for some pool toys or other watery fun stuff, given the summertime theme, but maybe that will come in its own stuff pack at some point (fingers crossed). I'm very intrigued by the scented flowers and the bird feeder!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 02:03:59 PM »
Also bird feeders, and wind chimes are in, if you click the link above.

Sorry about how it looks; I was trying to embed it.  The link itself is fine, but I will have Carl figure out what I did wrong with it.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 02:24:26 PM »
Is it just me or are the slides HUGE this time around?  I love the fact that they gave us a 6 person round table finally and colored kid hair!  Some of the clothes are fun and the objects I can see will really brighten up landscaping/patios.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 03:35:30 PM »

I'm dating myself but I am hearing Matt Hooper (Richard Dreyfuss) saying "that shark is a 20-footer!"
And of course, Quint quickly says..."25."

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
The Sims 4 Backyard Stuff Pack now available...
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 12:51:34 PM »
You can now purchase The Sims 4 Backyard Stuff Pack for $9.99

Personalize Your Own Backyard

Give your Sims a backyard they can really enjoy with The Sims™ 4 Backyard Stuff! Add fun lawn water slides and colorful new objects to spice up the space. Slip into something a little more comfortable, and remember to keep plenty of lemonade on hand.

KEY FEATURES

Soak Up the Fun.
Let your Sims cool off and show off on two all-new lawn water slides. Perform a variety of tricks for your audience like surf-sliding through the jaws of a shark. Then add a little soap - because everything's better with bubbles!

Customize the Outdoor Décor.
Add your personal touch with decorative lights and maybe a set of potted plants. Give your Sims and their guests a great place to spend time with multi-colored patio furniture. And don't forget a soothing set of wind chimes or a bird feeder to make your Sims' personal retreat complete.

Lounge in Casual Fashions.
It's definitely time to dress down with some fun laid-back clothing. Your Sims can really let their hair down with relaxed new styles that'll look great while sipping an iced tea!

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 01:23:50 PM »
The Sims.com

Whee! Check out the Lawn Water Slide in The Sims 4 Backyard Stuff

by SimGuruGraham

You remember using lawn water slides, right? You run, you jump, you slide, you get wet – they're a blast! And in The Sims 4 Backyard Stuff*, they're making a big splash with fun for the whole family.

Lawn water slides are a classic outdoor activity in The Sims... plus, they’re just plain fun. In The Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, Sims can enjoy themselves by sliding, or they can show off by performing tricks that others nearby will watch and cheer for. No matter their selection, there’s a wide variety of moves your Sims choose from when they take a running start and throw themselves down the slippery surface. If you also own The Sims 4 Get Together Expansion Pack*, you can even add a new Club rule to direct your Sims to partake in this new watery fun!

Sliding tricks are quite impressive when executed properly, but if your Sim’s Skill is too low it can lead to some cringe-inducing failures. There’s one that looks particularly painful when they face-plant, leading to their legs flipping up over their head and... well, let's just say it doesn't look all that pleasant. That said, once they’ve raised their Fitness Skill (or Motor Skill for kids), they’ll be pulling off tricks like champs. I especially like the dexterity they show when balancing upright in a surfing pose for the full length of the slide, their momentum propelling them right off the far end. A different trick has them lay down in a suave pose… it may not require as much finesse, but Sims sure look cool doing it.

Of course the lawn water slide comes with great options as well, which starts with which slide you decide to spend your simoleons on. You could go with the basic slide (which has a number of colorful patterns), or select the fearsome Jaws of Death slide (complete with an oversized shark head that requires your Sim to speed past razor sharp teeth).

Alright, it isn’t that scary – after all, there is a big waterfall spraying out of the shark’s mouth that creates a huge splash when passing through! There’s also an option to add soap to your slide, causing all the jets to spray out foamy bubbles. Not only does it look like a good time, but the bubbles actually cling to your Sims afterwards. It all adds to the fun of playing in the backyard!

When it comes time for your Sims to rest – perhaps with a refreshing lemonade from the new drink pitcher – the lawn water slide becomes unobtrusive. While not in use, Sims can walk right across it so that it won’t get in your way.

Official Trailer

You’re sure to have a blast reveling in the silly antics of your Sims as they slip, slide, and occasionally flop their way down the lawn water slide in The Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, now available!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.