Author Topic: Nanny to the Rescue! Now Available in The Sims 4  (Read 20705 times)

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Nanny to the Rescue! Now Available in The Sims 4
« on: July 14, 2016, 05:06:26 PM »
Source:  The Sims.com

Nanny to the Rescue! Now Available in The Sims 4

by SimGuruGnome

Ready for a night on the town? Good news: a new free* Update to The Sims 4 adds a Nanny you can hire! But, wait, why do you need a Nanny? Well, let's look at a potential situation your Sims could theoretically find themselves in:

You’ve planned for this night... when, where, it’s all figured out. You’ve got the perfect outfit picked out, and well, he’s at least taken off that clown outfit he loves so much. It’s time to go. But oh no! You suddenly remember… you have kids! Five of them! And a baby!

You could just go, you have every other time… the mystical daycare service has never failed you. But where do your kids go, really? Is it safe? Have you ever done a background check on this “so called” daycare service? And if they really are a “daycare” service, why are they available 24 hours a day… 7 days a week?

Doubt creeps in. You start to wonder if you really should go out for a night of fun and frolicking (though you also wonder… have you ever really frolicked?) and leave your children to this so-called wondrous daycare phantom zone.

*ding dong*

What’s that? It’s a doorbell. I think the question you meant to ask was “Who’s that?”

It’s a Nanny!

Available now with an Update to The Sims 4, the Nanny has come to save your sanity! Rejoice! Your night out is still on. The Nanny will take care of your little tykes, mentor their minds, play, read, and care for their needs… while you spend a worry free night (or day, or anytime) out for fun… and yes, frolicking! Frolic my friends… frolic.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Nanny to the Rescue! Now Available in The Sims 4
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 05:12:18 PM »
Also, for anyone curious, there is a Nanny trailer up.  It's only about 16 seconds long.

Nanny Update Trailer

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 05:30:30 PM »
So I did some testing of the nannies and 2 children.  I moved one in and they had maxed violin and guitar but not logic.  Having more than one child seems to confuse the Nanny on who they should be working with and they only mentor for short periods of time unless you ask.

Also - If you aren't on the lot, The Nanny doesn't really make a difference.  Possibly with an infant this will be a bigger deal (not having to worry about the daycare starving them) but there's no benefit to having the Nanny on your lot it seems if you're going to be on another one with someone else. 

Has anyone else had better luck?   Also I had to save and get out of my game for my moved in Nanny to have his needs start working properly (they were frozen at full).
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 06:03:18 PM »
I'm in the middle of practicing for the cloning challenge so I just tried a few things.
Oddly, my sim lives alone but could hire a nanny anyway (Does this mean a sim without a garden could also hire a gardener?).
An adult male nanny arrived with high cooking and musical instrument skills, which could be helpful for a sim seeking a spouse for the chef or musician careers.

I'm not sure how useful a Nanny would be for my sims, apart from looking after infants or spouse-hunting.

Online Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 06:09:40 PM »
It seems to hearken back to Sims 2 where I recall having an elderly nanny arrive to take care of the kids if/when both parents worked at the same time.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 07:35:10 PM »
@Deklitch You're probably right (that happens a lot!).  I could see that being useful but I guess I'm just used to always having people around.  Though.. not every nanny shows up is old.  There was a recent Adult male that came to a friend's house. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 09:34:35 PM »
I'm quite happy with the new nannies. So far I've had 3 rather handsome mannies... so, you know. Always a bonus when your sim is looking for a spouse.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 09:41:26 PM »
@Playalot

Lucky you! I only hired one but got a slightly chubby nanny with the Goofy walk, lol.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 10:53:09 PM »
♫ She was working at a bridal shop, in Flushing, Queens... ♫

You can hire a gardner without needing one. Your gardner will show up, then go home. I don't think you can hire one, without a garden, since hiring one is a plant interaction.