Author Topic: Cooking Career  (Read 2581 times)

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
Cooking Career
« on: June 28, 2016, 03:27:38 AM »
This might be something that everyone already knows, but I discovered this in my immortal dynasty:
making water, which costs $0 and takes about a minute to make, counts as mixing a drink. At high levels of the skill, it also gets you an inspired moodlet.

Plus, if another sim drinks the water, they get a +1 happy moodlet, which is really helpful.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Cooking Career
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 04:43:54 PM »
Oh dear... I don't think getting a glass of water should count as mixing a drink really! Fair enough about the happy moodlet as hydration is important lol but it seems like a bit of an oversight that it counts as a mixology action.
Still, it's in the game and a great tip!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 08:37:36 PM »
Have you tried selling the water? You can usually make a profit, by selling empty glasses of your drinks. It would be interesting if an empty water had some monetary value.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 04:11:16 AM »
@CuriousSim They haven't had much monetary value in my game, although I believe I made a few that cost $1.

@Playalot yeah it's kind of cheaty but my ID founder isn't even a week into being an adult and she's only got one level of cooking to go! I'm going to wait for a while to hopefully get the Snaggle Fluster.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 04:54:35 AM »
Yes, the snaggle fluster comes in pretty handy in an ID, really nice to help speed leveling up charisma as that always seem to be such a drag to do. Sounds like your sim is racing though the requirements!  :)

*Just a thought: even if the work op for snaggle fluster fails if you keep your sim at the same level the work op generally comes up again.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 04:18:17 PM »
It seems you can recycle water, for 10sims, so you can make a small profit. I made one, that sold for 2sims, but that was the max. I took Summer down the mixology path, and here are some things I found: Even if you buy the drink guide once, you will still get a few opportunities to buy it, in the next to last career level, even if you've maxed your mix level. You can also stick those snagflusses in your fridge, for friends and family. You have to be quick, it's something a Sim will tend to drink immediately, even if he/she has had a few before. You can be nice, and stick some in your friend's fridge, when you visit. You can spread snaggie joy everywhere.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 05:40:49 PM »
The snaggle fluster is kinda wasted on sims you don't control as it's purpose is to speed up skilling in any skill that your sim performs once drinking it. It stacks with other speed skilling bonus' (if I remember correctly) and as such a sim can max a skill in one sim day easily if they have the steel bladder reward too. (Remember it increases the bladder need by 25%)

@CuriousSim  Also, I'm really curious about the work op appearing at any other level of the mixology career. The game files indicates it will only appear at L9 of the mixology career and only once the sim has maxed the mixology skill.  Did your sim get the work op in level 10 of the mixology career too?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 07:20:29 PM »
Do not know about that. Summer eventually advanced to the final career level, she was able to make the concoction, and the opportunities stopped at level 10. Up to that point, she got the opportunities at Level 9 & 10, of Mixology skill.

I do want to say, since it doesn't seem to be clear in the guides, is when you get the opportunity, it will either be fake, and your Sim will be angry for a few hours, or the Sim will get a message to the effect, that there's something in the book, that they can use. There's no real message, indicating any mythic miracle. Also, the recipe will appear, with no fanfare, once the Sim has reached level 10. Now, maybe if the opportunity is missed, and the Sim is in the final career tier, it might continue to appear, until the Sim gets the book. I don't know. Maybe, it didn't reappear, because I already had the ability.

If you put the drink in the fridge of a friend Sim, then play that Sim, the drink should be available for him/her to drink. Often things in the fridge that are there when you stop playing a Sim, will also be there when you resume playing.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 08:48:01 PM »
Not quite sure what you mean exactly by the work op stopping at L10... it should only appear at L9 of the mixology career.

What I hadn't thought about was that sims who get the work op and get the recipe while not having L10 mixology skill, unlock that once they level up in mixology, that's cool!  I have never had the work op show up unless my sim had L10 mixology.

I'm sure the actual work opportunity only appears while your sim is in Level 9 of the mixology career. If your sim has not had the work opportunity or has had it but it has failed and your sim gets promoted to L10 of the mixology career then you have missed out completely on ever getting the recipe for the snaggle fluster.

This is as far as I know. I have not looked into the actual mechanics of this since I found it soon after launch. I'd be surprised if a patch had changed any of this but you never know!

The response your sim gets to failing the work op can depend on your sims mood at the time and traits as some sims will just get an embarrassed moodlet.

Often if you are struggling for the work op to show up if you change your sims emotions to either very inspired or very confident it seems to trigger it.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2016, 11:54:50 PM »
That might explain it. I leveled her up, by having her make ProseNPops each day. She always went to work inspired. She got a bad opportunity twice, and each time, she got a very angry moodlet from it. It usually didn't affect her, because she seemed to have plenty of positive moodlets, that cancelled it out.

When she was at level 9 of Mixology career, she would get the opportunity occasionally. When she graduated to level 10 in her career, the guidebook opportunity stopped, altogether. When she was at tier 9, she kept getting the opportunity, all the way to the maxing of her skill level.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2016, 07:52:28 PM »
Yep, that is what was probably going on then.  :)