Author Topic: Heartbreak Glitch?  (Read 4505 times)

Offline xXxOneLovexXx

• Nooboo
Heartbreak Glitch?
« on: June 29, 2016, 05:38:13 AM »
Alright, so like a few weeks ago, I created a male Sim who could get pregnant ( I absolutely adore the new update.. <3 ) , and at first was wanting to do a very cheat free playthrough ( Apart from giving him some money at the start, fixing up his one bedroom home, and giving him all skills in the game with a lot of the packs.. I don't like working.. ) , got him a job, etc. After a while I got bored with his small home, and wanted to basically do what I'm sure most have done before, (edited) by giving them the bare basic needs ( Uncomfortable bed, toilet, uncomfortable shower, low quality fridge, Penguin TV, low quality couch, a book shelf ) .

The family I choose was the Villareal family in Windenburg, whose house I wanted since it was the biggest in the town. So I moved my Sim in, caged off the dad and two of the children ( I kept the kid free, who I later aged up to young adult ) in hedges, and got a Tragic Clown painting. First Clown I got was a female, so I added her to my family ( Using cheats, of course ) , and changed the basement around so that there were four rooms, three being the 'cells'.

Now, this family has three children, two were teens ( I aged them so I wouldn't need to bother with school ) , one child, and then the father, an elder, no mother. So I set up their cells, letting Hugo, the male teen who I aged up, live in a room with the female once Tragic Clown lady, in the middle, and largest, room. He is the only one to get a roommate.

I settle them into their cells, and the father had the rings of marriage, I believe, above his head, and then the broken heart in the spikey thought bubble ( This either happened when I had them in a hedge pen outside, or after I moved him into his room, I forget which exactly ) , which is strange, because I looked at the family tree, and even in the relationships, and couldn't see anyone that had been the mother. He wasn't sad or anything, but I think he did cry a little before going back to normal ( Note, the father /is/ insane, as his traits and actions say so ) .

Fast forward to today, as I haven't played since then. I gave them more items, started cooking better food for them since I didn't let them have an oven ( Only a microwave and a coffee machine, which they never used the former ) , and before Hugo and the Tragic Clown girl started talking, he flashed the broken heart spikey bubble as well, no sad or crying, just flashed the bubble. Sadly I wasn't able to take a screenshot, though I'm currently walking the four closely ( The youngest child I let wander in the fourth room, which is basically a giant kitchen with a hot tub, normal tub, and a stereo for his amusement, as I keep him and my Sim with disabled needs so I can focus on watching the rest of the family ) to see if Hugo, the sister, or the father flashes it again.

It's actually rather similar to this -

Except they aren't refusing to sleep or anything, it just flashes up. I'm also on PC, no mods, no CC, cheats enabled ( Off topic annoying glitch, the Tragic Clown girl keeps teleporting upstairs and out of her shared cell for some reason, though I have the doors to the rooms locked, though I don't really need them ) .

Anyone know what this could be? This is a premade family from the town, though I'm unsure if their really was a mother, who simply died when I wasn't playing the family ( But if that was the case, wouldn't she still be listed in the tree? There's also no face with the heart, just the heart in the bubble, as well as no one that could've been dating Hugo or the father before I got a hold of them ) . It isn't really bothering me either, it's merely there and makes me curious as to what is going on, since I've heard of some weird glitches ( I actually did the Tragic Clown thing because me and my cousin were talking about him from the Sims 3, and she kept getting some weird glitches when trying to get his Ghost added to her family ) and I managed to grab one.

I'll post an image of it if it happens again. Since it's happened twice, maybe it'll happen again!

After thought edit -

They were not lonely during the times it happened. Hugo may've had a lower social need when it happened to him, but it wasn't low enough to actually make him sad or lonely.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Heartbreak Glitch?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 02:55:29 PM »
I have no idea why you posted such a long drawn out story, particularly with some parts being rather gruesome for a family friendly forum (which I have edited to align with our forum rules) when all you had to ask was "what does a thought bubble with a broken heart in it mean?"

Please remember this is a PG forum.

Answer, nothing really apart from perhaps social need is low.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 04:14:46 PM »
@xXxOneLovexXx, TS4 sims are very difficult to kill, as they will generally take care of their needs. And if you want another sim's house, all you have to do is move the other sims out once you move your sim in. If the Tragic Clown sim is not actually a member of the household, she won't stay in a locked room. As for the Villareal family, Jacques Villareal's wife is known to have died, perhaps under mysterious circumstances. The thought bubbles you describe sometimes indicate divorce or an unhappy romance.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 05:28:25 PM »
Townies, that aren't part of the household, seem to be able to teleport. Maybe, if they are made part of a household, through a cheat, they still retain the ability. One time, a Sim had spent the night, in the gaming booth, and I wanted to say something before the Sim left. As the HostSim was about to say something, she teleported out before his eyes.