Author Topic: Can't connect to Gallery  (Read 6697 times)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
Can't connect to Gallery
« on: September 08, 2014, 09:57:04 PM »
I have been able to connect to the gallery with the Create-A-Sim demo and with the game with no problem until yesterday.  As of yesterday, even when I am logged in to Origin and start Sims4 from there, I get a message when the game opens "You are Offline.  Click here to go online . . . ". I click there, and nothing happens.  I go to the Gallery and click on Community and a dialog box opens that says "Connection is required.  Connect or stay offline?"  I click Connect, and it spins and spins but never connects.  If I cancel that and try again, sometimes it spins indefinitely again, and sometimes it goes to a message that says "One or more of The Sims Online Service is currently offline. Try again later."

I've tried at least 25 times last night and today, but the same thing keeps happening.  Is this happening to anyone else?  Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Can't connect to Gallery
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 02:50:38 PM »
I haven't been able to connect to the Gallery (in game) for three days. Have they been down all this time?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
Re: Can't connect to Gallery
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 03:08:00 PM »
I remember seeing a message in game saying that online services would be going down for maintenace. That was a few days ago so I would've thought it would be back by now, but I just checked and I still can't access the gallery.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Re: Can't connect to Gallery
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 03:12:53 PM »
I'm finally able to get online so maybe it was on EA's end. Thanks!

Offline Avery

• Nooboo
Sims 4 Cannot Connect to Gallery
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 12:37:34 PM »
Before you offer any suggestions, please note that I have already tried:
Deleting and reinstalling the game
Deleting and reinstalling Origin
Removing all custom content from the game's folders before booting up the game
Logging out and back in to Origin
Turning my computer off and back on again
Lowering and eventually (in desperation) turning off my firewall and antivirus software (which I have since put back up)
Checking that all online features are enabled in "Game Options"

So I have TS4LE, I bought the disk in 2014 and installed the game from the CD. I have never had any problems with the game before this time so I have no idea why they would start now. I have the base game, all free stuff packs, and a lot of CC. (I'm pretty sure it isn't the Custom Content's fault. I haven't added any new CC since the last time I was able to successfully open the gallery). I have used the game on two other computers in the past, each time through Origin, and have had no problems with the gallery or any other feature. I also have the latest TS4 update, version 1.18.64.1020

Now the gallery issue started maybe a week or so ago with me. I'd opened and logged in to Origin, and through that I started a new session of TS4. Everything was going fine and my households were having a happy happy time, and then I decided to build a house in Newcrest (my first one on this computer) so I went into the gallery and went to the "My Library" tab and chose the only house I had downloaded from the gallery the day before. The house looked great, the game was working amazingly, and I played for a few hours (Read: 6 straight hours with no break). The next day, I decided that I wanted to build a few more houses in Newcrest, but since I suck at building houses, I decided to go look in the gallery for some nice houses that I could put in and redecorate.
So I open the gallery, and it's still in the "My Library" tab, and it's showing everything that I can access offline. Then I go to the "Home" tab that tells you how many this and that you have saved, and then finally I click the "Community" tab. When I did this, I got a pop-up that said "Connection is Required Connect or stay Offline?" and I've gotten that pop-up a few times in the past so I click "Connect" and the plumbob loading wheel comes on screen, does a half turn, then freezes. At this point the screen loses colour saturation (Because my computer is Windows 10 and that's what happens when a tab isn't responding) and the game stays frozen for 30 seconds to a minute. When it unfreezes, there's another pop-up that says "Could not Connect, Would you like to try again?" and so I clicked "Try Again" and the same thing happened. So I finally got fed up and hit "Cancel" and went back to playing with my current households.
Has this happened to anyone else recently?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 4 Cannot Connect to Gallery
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 01:01:29 PM »
Updated Sept.03.2018

There has been a lot of issues with the gallery lately, please see the thread linked below for updates on the gallery.

Re: Community Gallery Not Working
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=27722.msg457534#msg457534
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *