Author Topic: Sims don't seem to be gaining skill from instruments *Fixed!!*  (Read 1843 times)

Offline Aelita

• Nooboo
As the title says, my sims all of a sudden aren't gaining any skills from the piano or the violin (haven't tried the guitar). The skill bar doesn't appear above them or anything, and when I check the skill tab, nothing's being gained. The piano skill hasn't even shown up at all. My sim's a musician, so it's pretty important she be able to gain that skill.

This problem just showed up today, so it could be the update. If so though, what do I do about it?

Edit: This problem actually seems to only be occurring with my musician sim, actually. I had her daughter try playing her violin, and she gained violin skill just fine. That just puzzles me more.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims don't seem to be gaining skill from instruments
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 04:49:09 PM »
Welcome to the forum @Aelita I'm not sure what might be causing this but it may be linked to the career. The sims that I tried this out with were able to gain skills as normal but they joined the career after the patch as I made them just to test this.

Try reseting your sim and also deleting the localthumbcache.package file and see if that fixes the problem. If not then have your sim quit the career (without saving)... have them play and see if the skill gain has returned. If it does then you'll at least know it is linked to the career.

Then you can decide wether or not to have them quit and rejoin the career knowing that 1)the bug will be fixed and 2)that the 'demotion' from quitting was worth it to fix the bug!

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Aelita

• Nooboo
Re: Sims don't seem to be gaining skill from instruments
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 10:15:57 PM »
@Playalot  Thank you for the advice. I meant to post here earlier, but I did actually figure out what the problem was. I had several mods and thought it may be one of them. Then I realized after removing half of them that one of the trait mods I had was only on my musician, so I changed the trait, and that fixed the problem.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims don't seem to be gaining skill from instruments *Fixed!!*
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 10:40:00 PM »
Glad you solved the problem!  :) Mods are fun but unpredictable at times.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.