Author Topic: The Legacy of Rowan Thyste (new 6.18)  (Read 6496 times)

Offline boomboomraccoon

• Llama Wrangler
  • Boom works, so does Rowan!
Re: The Legacy of Rowan Thyste (new 04.23)
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2016, 11:01:37 PM »
Rowan will be back soon-ish! I'm currently working on editing some of my old screenies and posting them on my simblr. I have images and a story, just haven't sat down to finish a chapter for viewing!

Offline boomboomraccoon

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Legacy of Rowan Thyste (new 04.23)
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2016, 03:08:01 PM »
Chapter Eight // Love and Terror

Dear diary,

Love is terrifying.

“Watcher! Max is coming over! Aaaah!”

What are you yelling about?

“I’m just nervous! DO I ASK HIM?” I was freaking out.

Ask him what?

"To marry me, Watcher! I know that I want it to be him, but, what if it's too soon. What if I blow it?" I said, all the words rushing out.

Woah, there’s no pressure. Lets see, um, you’re only a little over halfway to your adult birthday. And we haven't even asked him to move in yet.

“Oh. I forgot about that step. Thanks, Watcher, that helps.” I said. “But, his house is so lovely, does he really want to move in here?” I asked my watcher.

You won’t know until you ask, Rowan.

Later...

“Hey, watcher!” I called out.

Do you need something?

“I just finished my second aspiration! Woo!”

Great job. What’s next?

“I think I will ask Max to move in!” I said, triumphant.

Alright, I’ll start designing him a space for his comedy. Good luck!

“Oh, I think an outdoor stage would make him so happy!” I was off, to call Max to see if he was available to hang out today.

Hey there, Kim.

“Watcher, hey! Thanks for telling me about this new club! I was feeling kind of lonely. Rowan is always chugging out those books, and when she’s not doing that, she’s going on dates with Max!”

I figured you could use some extra friends. Have fun!

I brought Max to the beautiful park in Newcrest, where we had our first date. We stood on the bridge, and admired the pond, and lovely landscaping.  I was as ready as I was going to get.

“Max, I love you so much,” I started to say, taking Max’s hands in mine. “You’re my best friend, I love every minute I spend with you. I just can't stand to spend another night sleeping in separate beds. Will you forsake your lovely little cottage, and move in with me?”

Max kissed my cheek, and then wrapped his arms around me. “Of course I will.”

Later…

So, Max how do you like it here?

“You must be the Watcher. You’re not as scary as I thought.” Max took a bite of fruit. “It’s really nice. Lots of space. Lots of green, edible things. Why isn’t there a stove?”

You’ll thank me when you, Rowan, and your kiddos all live to be a gazillion years old.

“Does Rowan want kids?”

This is a legacy, kinda need kiddos to keep it going, dude.

“Oh, duh. I think kids will be great, looking forward to having them all running around.”

When you’re ready, go follow the porch around to the roof over Kim's studio. I built you something.

“Umm, Rowan told me about a stage, but she forgot to mention that it’s also, like, a wedding pavillion…” Max trailed off, looking overwhelmed.

Rowan doesn't know that it's like this. I got carried away. I can take down the flowers and the arch, if you’d like. I tell Rowan I’m staying out of things, but, sometimes, it’s hard not to get excited for you guys.

“No, no, leave it. I think, now that I’ve seen it, it’s really lovely. Being watched might not be so bad, after all.”

Somewhere else...

“Look, watcher, I’m learning how to fish!”

Go you!

"Thank you for the new friends, and everything you’ve given me.”

If you need anything else, just ask.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
Re: The Legacy of Rowan Thyste (new 6.18)
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2016, 05:02:34 PM »
Yay!  I like this story.  You are such a kind, generous, and understanding watcher.  Your sims are lucky to have you watching out for them.

Offline boomboomraccoon

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2016, 05:22:10 PM »
@Caterina I try! Thank you for reading!

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2016, 08:59:39 AM »
Really enjoying this!
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Curveball

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2016, 02:51:31 PM »
Wow, I love Rowan's quest for love and how it backfired. And I really like how you went with Serial Romantic as just someone's who searching and weighing their options. Often those sorts of aspirations get played as "bad" or at least thoughtless, and it's good to see another take on it.

anything