Author Topic: No Townies coming to player-made lot?  (Read 6914 times)

Offline Kamxam

• Llama Wrangler
No Townies coming to player-made lot?
« on: May 10, 2016, 03:43:46 PM »
I created a garden park for my Sim's and while it works perfectly fine for my sim family none of the townies will enter it. They just sit there in a group off of the lot and talk/socialize then leave eventually. My sims can interact with them just fine also but none will come on to the lot.
Is there something i need to do to get them to come? (As in a command i missed while building it or need to do now?) BTW, there is no custom content at all. Everything is Maxis created.
As for the lot, it has no hidden objects interfering with anything that i can find that may cause townies to avoid it.
Any help on this will be appreciated (Especially if you've had the same problem)

Offline Aadi

• Nooboo
Re: No Townies coming to player-made lot?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 03:47:58 PM »
Is the lot designated as a park? Townies won't go to lots that are 'generic' lots. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Kamxam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 04:25:41 PM »
I have it designated as a national park. Hopefully that won't affect it tho as i have seen Townies in the national parks before.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 04:39:21 PM »
For some reason National Parks get very few townies visiting them. Generic lots get even fewer, which can be handy if you want a community lot that your own sims will have all to themselves! If you want more townies on your lot, change it to a park and you could hide the park requirements in a  basement so that the 'look' of your lot isn't changed.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Kamxam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 05:28:18 PM »
Figure i might do that actually...Will try generic first then maybe your idea if not.  :)
Plus my sims can visit it just fine...Just no one else atm so far.
Seems to be a common problem from what i was reading but i like the look of my park and don't really want to add a lot of stuff if i don't have to. (Made a Sims ruins-type botanical gardens lot sorta...hehe)
Thanks!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 12:12:02 AM »
Your lot sounds really nice. It definitely would be a shame to spoil it with jungle gyms etc!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Kamxam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 05:28:43 PM »
Tried it as generic lot and while i did get one or two more people to visit it wasn't as much as i had hoped. I then tried it as a park and then buried the excess stuff i didn't need in an underground room as was suggested. (Had to use the move object cheat to put the jungle gym on the lower level but it worked but kept the chess table out as it fit in somewhat)
For some reason it won't let me delete the excess hidden lower level rooms i ended up with but that's a small price to pay i guess for getting people to visit it.
Have gotten a lot more people there so all seems to be good. :)
It's in the gallery under "Maxismus Simicus Ruins" if any want to see it. Still a work in progress but the major parts are there....I envision it as botanical Gardens/ruins area. May add harvestables also later on.

Thanks for all the help!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything