Author Topic: New Year's Resolution  (Read 74328 times)

Offline KSalmon74

• Nooboo
Re: New Year's Resolution
« Reply #255 on: March 20, 2016, 09:52:08 PM »
This challenge looked easy but I am having the hardest time with it! My first attempt, my Sim died from exertion. Now on my second attempt, I have completed the aspiration but he's only level 7 in his career and looks like he may die soon.  He's an elder.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong.  It's frustrating but I like it so I will keep trying until I get it or at least get a score that can make the leaderboard.

S
I have been wondering why the challenge team allows the plumbob lamps since not all players have access to them. It seems like they give a fairly significant advantage since the player who has them does not have to do any work to get Sims very inspired, focused, etc.

Well, if enough players speak up and feel an additional ban to the lamps is in order, then we can certainly make that ruling for 2016. Buying all those lamps at the beginning of a file to set yourself back financially is not something everyone wants to do. And it's debatable how much of an advantage being in a "Very" state vs the regular state of an emotion really is - especially if the goals of a challenge are not really tied to emotions.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #256 on: March 21, 2016, 10:12:21 AM »
This challenge looked easy but I am having the hardest time with it! My first attempt, my Sim died from exertion. Now on my second attempt, I have completed the aspiration but he's only level 7 in his career and looks like he may die soon.  He's an elder.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong.  It's frustrating but I like it so I will keep trying until I get it or at least get a score that can make the leaderboard.

@KSalmon74, You can look over some of the strategies that other players posted. If that's more complication than you want, I'd suggest getting the 3000-point Connections reward before getting a job as that will start your sim at level 4. You can pick up points by working on the Bodybuilder aspiration and also satisfying whims -- the ones to do push-ups, jog, do sit-ups, etc. are especially helpful. Swimming is a way for your sim to get fitness and also have fun. Crystals can be activated to give an Energized moodlet and researching work-out techniques on the computer will also make your sim energized. I used the yoga mat to get my sim energized before work, but if you don't have Spa Day, I'd recommend the shower and one of the special meals that your sim can make when energized.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KSalmon74

• Nooboo
« Reply #257 on: March 21, 2016, 09:18:30 PM »
Thanks! I was under the impression that we couldn't use the rewards at all.  Guess I was making this harder than I needed to! :) :)

Offline KSalmon74

• Nooboo
« Reply #258 on: May 14, 2016, 01:58:01 PM »
I'm having trouble with the reach max body potential milestone.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #259 on: May 15, 2016, 03:50:13 AM »

Is your sim working out on one of the exercise machines?  I don't think you can get this one from the treadmill - I think it has to be one of the muscle-building machines.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #260 on: May 15, 2016, 03:52:31 AM »

Is your sim working out on one of the exercise machines?  I don't think you can get this one from the treadmill - I think it has to be one of the muscle-building machines.
I thought you had to use all exercise machines to achieve it. I know for sure if you only use the treadmill, you won't be able to achieve the max body

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #261 on: May 15, 2016, 08:32:50 AM »
I learned from @Playalot to either drink a protein shake (made at a bar in Energized mood) or the protein plate (cooked while in Energized mood) before exercising on the workout machine.
For me, I formerly couldn't achieve maximum body potential without also using the weight lifting machine. In a recent game, however, my sim achieved it after several consecutive days of yoga before maxing Fitness.  In this case, though, he'd been to the gym for cardio and weightlifting on previous days as well.
Here's a link to the thread on achieving maximum body potential:

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=23148.0

Edited: Added a strikethrough in accordance with @Playalot's correction that a protein shake can be made without being in Energized mood  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #262 on: May 15, 2016, 07:09:19 PM »
The Protein Shake unlocks at fitness L5 I think, don't need to be energized for it to show up as a choice. In fact sometimes you can even order it at bars/nightclubs etc depending on the skill levels of the bartender! lol It fills up the hunger bar so it's quite handy.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline KSalmon74

• Nooboo
« Reply #263 on: May 15, 2016, 08:20:54 PM »
Thanks guys! I have been using the protein plate and I do have the weight  machine and the treadmill.  I may have to do this again because he's already an elder and only level 5 on his job and I still need max potential for the body builder aspiration