Author Topic: Error 16  (Read 1721 times)

Offline ElfQueen14

• Llama Wrangler
Error 16
« on: April 04, 2016, 10:39:40 PM »
Can someone explain what Error 16 is to me? I've had it occur twice while saving and the last time it wiped out my file completely. Just the one file that it occurred on. I saved this file under a new name and didn't get the error when saving so I'm hoping it won't wipe out the new one. Fingers crossed for both.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Error 16
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 11:33:58 PM »

It's my understanding when you get this type of error [Error 16: Loose file copy failure. The file cannot be (over)written.] it means that you've saved with the same name to many times. It's best to use Save As, and often. Saving with a new or similar name. For example SavedGame1 or SG1, SG2, SG3 etc.

Save Errors (Error 12, 13, or 16)
http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/error-save-errors-error-12-13-or-16.html
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ElfQueen14

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Error 16
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 12:11:14 AM »
Weird considering they were both relatively new files. The first one was only a week and a half into gameplay and the second one was only two weeks in. And I've had files that go a lot longer without doing a Save As without any issue. Thanks for the help though. In the future if I get that message, I'll just do a save as.