Author Topic: Odd Files Appeared in Downloads  (Read 15942 times)

brappl

Odd Files Appeared in Downloads
« on: June 22, 2013, 06:55:57 AM »
I noticed yesterday that files "just appeared" in my downloads folder.  I had not downloaded anything yesterday and the game was playing fine.  There are several of them and here is an example:  ChallengeData.package files.  There are two of those each in a separate folder.  Then there are 6 dynamicchallenge_6cceedc0abea44a7a8da181fabb482d.Sims3Pack files (the string of numbers and letters is different on each.

I do not play on line and have never accessed the store while playing as I usually disconnect internet access.  I did so yesterday just to see if it was working after the patch.  Could that have created these files?  Does anyone know what they are?  I removed them and noticed no difference in the game.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Odd Files Appeared in Downloads
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 09:28:16 AM »
I have files that are just like that and I think I've gotten them overtime.  I always figured they had something to do with the achievements.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

brappl

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 09:43:32 AM »
Thanks Rica.  I know for sure these just appeared and can't imagine what I achieved. Other than for the first time I went into the Sims3 site and the Portal via the launcher for the first time while in game since it was available. LOL.  No biggy anyways.  I was just curious.  There is also a new animated icon in CAS with greyed out Sims I am sure are for the new EP.  Bet there have been major changes in CAS and this is why some of my premade 3rd party Sims are not working.  Most are though but my favorites and they are all from the same creator just plain won't work no matter what I do.  Maybe later.  Thanks again and have a great day.

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 04:57:37 PM »
Hi brappl

I've got some of those files (dynamic challenge) are you deleting them or leaving them for the time being? 

Kind regards :)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 08:03:47 AM »
From what I've seen about these files they hold info about the challenges you've completed when logged in while playing the game to earn badges on the Sims 3 website.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

brappl

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 09:12:20 AM »
Hi brappl

I've got some of those files (dynamic challenge) are you deleting them or leaving them for the time being? 

Kind regards :)
Hello Gingerkid... Good to hear from you and hope things are running smoothly.  For now I have just removed them.  I'm obsessive about clutter.  Just to be safe,  I am not permanently deleting anything at this point except for the Featured Items Folder.

brappl

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 09:18:35 AM »
From what I've seen about these files they hold info about the challenges you've completed when logged in while playing the game to earn badges on the Sims 3 website.

Hello grimsoul,  That is what is so odd.  I have never played logged in on line and have never participated in any challenges.  Most of the time I shut off my Internet before even playing. Also,  I do not go into the store while playing.  I was just curious if anyone knew what these were.  For now I have put them into a folder out of the game.  Hate clutter!  Thanks for getting back to me on this.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 02:56:18 PM »
Hello Gingerkid... Good to hear from you and hope things are running smoothly.  For now I have just removed them.  I'm obsessive about clutter.  Just to be safe,  I am not permanently deleting anything at this point except for the Featured Items Folder.

Hi Brappl yeah things seem to be a bit smoother thanks.
Ok I might do that too. Thought I'd check with you as you'd mentioned them & you are now my guru
Kind regards

brappl

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2013, 05:24:04 PM »

Quick FYI:  Came across this info while looking for something else in Sims Wiki:
dynamicchallenge  "This file is downloaded to your computer when there's a new challenge/achievement available that you can do. It's unclear what happens if you delete the file.  There might also be a new folder with a new very long number that only contains the ChallengeData.package".

grimsoul, I'm sure that the ChallengeData.package is referring to the explanation you offered.  I never have played on line or even logged in until the other day when I was doing some testing.  That must be when the files loaded advising there is a new challenge.  Jeeze, I wish they'd stop loading stuff in my folders!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2016, 01:26:07 AM »
Dynamic Challenge in downloads?
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Dynamic-Challenge-in-downloads/td-p/1309082

Deleting the files related to the Dynamic Challenge doesn't do any harm to your game. They are safe to delete and won't regenerate.

They are achievements badges, just like Brappl mentioned up above.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *