Author Topic: Can My Computer Run The Sims 3?  (Read 2777 times)

Offline Hope

• Nooboo
Can My Computer Run The Sims 3?
« on: March 22, 2016, 08:43:46 PM »
Hey guys and gals! This is my very first post on this forum, so I hope I'm doing everything right.
I've been watching Lets-Plays on the Sims 3/4 for a few months, and talk about the game quite often. I guess my mom noticed, because she has offered to buy me the Sims 3! Thing is, I have no experience with gaming, and I'm not really sure if my laptop could run the game. I'm 98% positive the answer is no, but I wanted to check. I'd be willing to deal with a little lag, but I'm not the most patient  :P. I'm not 100% what all you guys need to help me out, but I'm pretty sure its my specs, right? If so, here it is-

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release.151121-2308)
                 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
      System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
             System Model: HP Stream Notebook PC 13
                     BIOS: F.08
                Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU  N2840  @ 2.16GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
                   Memory: 2048MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 1940MB RAM
Display Devices
---------------
          Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics
       Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
          Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics
           DAC type: Internal
        Device Type: Full Device
         Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F31&SUBSYS_802A103C&REV_0E
     Display Memory: 1033 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 64 MB
      Shared Memory: 969 MB

Again, I'm feeling like my answer is going to be no, but I still wanted to ask. Thanks in advance!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Can My Computer Run The Sims 3?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 09:12:48 PM »
No this computer will not run the Sims. Computers like these aren't designed to play games. They're more made for office/homework, watching videos listening to music and other light tasks. Not so much for gaming.

We can't recommend a computer that will give poor gaming experience, as we want other simmers to have a better gaming experience.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything