Author Topic: Downloading Owned Worlds from EA  (Read 2364 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Downloading Owned Worlds from EA
« on: March 19, 2016, 10:22:27 PM »
Hi again, how do I d/l worlds like Riverview from EA? I went to the home page/worlds then Riverview and clicked on the d/l button, but it only brings up the Origin page w/no instructions and no link to d/l it or install it!

Edit: I found a previous s3pack file for this world in a back up folder. I pulled it over to the downloads folder and clicked on "install," but it failed. :(  Also the windmill and toddler walker failed. I honestly do not know how to put owned d/ls into the game from EA anymore.

Edit2: This goes for owned objects from the EA store as well.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Downloading Owned Worlds from EA
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 11:36:08 PM »
1. Go to the Sims3.com Store and login with your Origin account.
http://store.thesims3.com/

2. Select Worlds in the Home Menu to the left of the screen. Or use link below:
http://store.thesims3.com/worldProductDetail.html?categoryId=12642

It looks like they are in order of when they came out. So Riverview is last on the list.

3. Look for the blue download button to the right of the screen.

If you own the town or store content there should be an Orange checkmark under the download button.

If you're unsure if you own a certain town or store content go to your Username in the upper left hand corner of the screen and left-click on it to show your My Store Account. Under it's menu select Purchase History. This is where you can find all store content purchased and redownload it from there if needed.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 01:03:05 AM »
Hi Mrs Flynn! I'm sorry for being dense, but I've done all of that, clicked on the blue d/l button w/the gold check mark under it, but nothing happens except that the origin window comes up and nothing further.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 01:37:55 AM »
Hmm.. just curious, have you tried logging into the Sims3 store with a different browser? Say for example IE. As we've noticed Firefox and Origin.com don't seem to like each other. *Snicker*

We tried downloading some store items with IE, as a test and it seems to be working. :)

So hopefully it works for you too!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 02:50:04 AM »
I've been using Chrome, but I can try IE

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 03:01:14 AM »
If you are using Windows 10, the default browser seems to be Microsoft Edge, which is different to IE. You can use IE, you just need to go through the windows symbol in the bottom left hand corner of your screen (start screen), then All Apps, then Windows Accessories, then Internet Explorer.

I've been warned in other programs (for work) that Microsoft Edge is different to IE, and doesn't work in all cases.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2016, 03:13:20 AM »
Thanks Deklitch, but I am using win 7/64 bit. I tried IE Mrs Flynn, but still the same thing happens. The Origin window comes up and there is nothing in my basket and nothing in the launcher. :(   Maybe I'll go to the official forum and ask there. This is happening w/all store content, even objects. :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2016, 06:25:50 PM »
Try this:

Make sure Origin is open and launcher is open before you log into the store to download the content.

As we're thinking there maybe a time out issue between clicking the download link and everything opening so that it can download the item.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2016, 10:46:40 PM »
Yeah, I just found that out today. I have to have the launcher open first *then* d/l the store content. I'm not sure why, but if I put the already saved s3pack file into the d/l folder, it will not install. :(  Have to d/l it from the store each time you want it.

Anyway, Now I'm wracking my brain trying to remember how to install custom worlds.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2016, 11:32:18 PM »
The items you download from the store will go to your Downloads tab in the launcher. Once the items are finished downloading, click the Select All button then click the install button. After installed they will show up under the Installed Content tab.

anything