Author Topic: Starting the Game  (Read 1402 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Starting the Game
« on: March 15, 2016, 07:28:19 PM »
Hi, I don't know if I should put this onto my other thread or not, but I have a question.  Did EA change the way we start the game, that we need to go through Origin now instead of clicking on the icon on the desktop? Every time I clicked on the desktop icon, the only thing it did was open my Origin acct! I was not able to start the game except by going to "my games" in Origin and clicking on the Sims 3 icon and then on "play." Is this new?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Starting the Game
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 07:47:31 PM »
From what I understand if you have updated to Origin patch level 1.69 you need to be logged into Origin to play the game. As they integrated Origin into Sims 3. However, you can still play offline. By going to the Origin Menu (upper left hand corner of the Origin client) and selecting Go Offline.

The only way I know of around this is to basically reinstall the pre-2012 base game disc.

However, this may involve uninstalling the whole game and reinstall it starting with unchecking Automatically keep my games up to date in the Origin client, first. So Origin doesn't automatically update your Sims 3 game. - This way the game patch level will stay at 1.67.

After you've reinstalled the base game disc, you can log back into Origin and install the rest of the expansions/stuff packs.

Here's a little more information on Patch 1.69
http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2015/11/patch-1-69.html
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 08:32:21 PM »
I believe I do have the pre 2012 disk. I bought the game when it first came out in 09. I do however have the patch 1.69.  This has to be recent b/c I've had this patch for a long time now, since it came out and have not had to be logged in. Maybe I will go back to the previous patch. Thanks!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 09:59:48 PM »
Yes it was recently-ish. Probably as far back as Dec/Jan.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything