Author Topic: Sims 4 won't load past 'The Sims 4' logo screen? [Mods Related]  (Read 9262 times)

Offline keilij

• Nooboo
Sims 4 won't load past 'The Sims 4' logo screen? [Mods Related]
« on: September 24, 2016, 04:45:52 PM »
So Origin just recently updated last night and I was able to start my game fine, I had just added new CC and everything, it was all good. But since it had updated or something the script mods were disabled, so you know I had to go in and enable them and then restart the game. When I went to go restart The Sims 4 it won't go past 'The Sims 4' logo screen. I knew it probably had to do with my CC so I removed everything from my mods folder and duh duh DUH... it loaded fine. GREAT. So it's somewhere in my expansive list of CC and script mods. They were all working fine and then BOOM, updates come and ruin my life. How do I do this without sorting through ALL of my CC, because I have a LOT. And I mean a LOT. I can't play without it, honestly, what do I do? Also, I tried to play just with the CC folder in Mods, and not my separate 'Script Mods' folder, and it still wouldn't work, so I know it is not solely the script mods.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 4 won't load past 'The Sims 4' logo screen? [Mods Related]
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 04:58:34 PM »
Welcome to the forum @keilij   :)

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you will need to sift through your CC/mods to find the culprit.

The easiest way to do it is to separate out your mods from your cc. Go to the mods creators site and check for any notices or post about it being 'broken' etc. Sometimes visiting the official Forums mod section can be really useful as people will post bout any 'broken' mods etc

Mods Section on the official Forum

With CC, the quickest way is to divide it into half.  Place first half in game, test game. If game works then it is safe to assume all that CC is ok.

Divide second half into half again. Place first half into game. Test... and so on.

More detailed explanations here and here.

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline keilij

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 07:21:09 PM »
@Playalot is it possible it is all of my CC that is causing the problem? Because I've done various small batches of CC and it does not work at all unless I get rid of everything from my mods folder.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 07:58:43 PM »
I'm not sure if an entire folder of basically unrelated CC could corrupt... @MrsFlynn  is this possible?

If you can not get your game to work with any of your current CC is really suggests something has corrupted. It might be time to (as painful and time consuming as it is) redownload your favorite CC and load it back into you game in small batches.

If your game works put it all into a folder named *clean CC* or something like that on your desk top and keep doing this until you have found all the cc you want and have tested it. Remember to write down the site, creator and name off the CC so that you will have a much easier time of it next time should anything go wrong again. And, to be honest, it probably will as CC and Mods really do require maintenance to keep in order.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 10:15:32 PM »
I don't think so. But I'm not entirely sure on this. It could be that some mods are conflicting?

Play has some very good advice. I'd like to add to that start with a new Sims 4 folder. Do this by renaming your old folder something like Sims4Old. Get into game to create a new folder.

Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 12:27:35 AM »
Oh! Thanks @MrsFlynn  much better to start there!