Author Topic: What kind of file is this?  (Read 2468 times)

Offline Softly

• Nooboo
What kind of file is this?
« on: January 04, 2017, 11:46:58 AM »
I found some old saves, for example: 0e0ebfc3-89cd-7525-01da-4f06a4f31a13 on a flash drive from 2012 and want to know what kind of saves they are, and can I move them into the appropriate folders so I can use them now?  They are apparently backups, all from the same date.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: What kind of file is this?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 12:12:47 PM »
I am looking at my old Sims 3 folders from around 2012 and am not finding anything that looks like that. Does it have an extension on it like: 0xe8b923f72de914844ee4b9043b244570.package

Ugh!! Even knowing if it's a .package file isn't giving me any clues to what it might be. :( Even what I thought it might be a DCBackup or custom content file may not be correct. As the file name are different.

Here's an article that might be helpful in finding what it is.

User Files Explained
http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Softly

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 02:26:10 PM »
Mrs Flynn, it actually has a .dsf extension.  I'm clueless.  Apparently I backed up Sims 3 to do a reformat or something, I don't quite recall.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 02:46:20 PM »
That's got me stumped. I have one Sims 3 folder that was saved and it doesn't have any files with that extension on it.

You might (?) Try ModtheSims to see if anyone knows there? Or Maybe Nraas? They've got some pretty brilliant people over there. :)

If you do find out, please let me know? That's really got curious as to what kind of file that is.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *