Author Topic: Writing Career daily task  (Read 5981 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Writing Career daily task
« on: October 01, 2015, 02:05:17 PM »
Once you get to level 3 of the writing career, your daily task is supposed to be "write books" instead of "read books." However, I had my level 3 writer come home and start reading a book to bring her fun level back up. After a few minutes, I noticed that she had completed 50% of her task to write a book. She still needs to write to get her writing skill up, but it's useful to be able to do this when your sim's fun level is low.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Writing Career daily task
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 02:55:16 AM »
Good tip!  I just rely too much on moodlet managers.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 07:04:44 AM »
If at all possible, I always have some sort of stereo near where my sim is skilling.  Then have them "Listen to ..." first and then start them skilling - like painting or writing, etc.  With the multitasking, they'll listen to the music which gains them fun and also skilling at the same time.

Update:  This doesn't work on writing.  I just tried it.  I know it works on painting, though.  And I'm pretty sure I've used it for the business career task as well.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 11:32:03 AM »
My family has a lovely "studio" where they can do everything artistic they would want to.  When I have music on they keep wanting to stop what they are doing and go dance instead, so I took the speakers out.  Maybe it's because I used speakers instead of something else for the music?  It works well in the sauna though!

----------
My No Buy Story

Dellena

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 11:47:40 AM »
Try queuing up Listen to... and then set them to painting, etc.  See if they stay on track then rather than wanting to dance.

I'm going to test out and see what all I can do along with Listen to...   It just worked with cooking.  My sim is cooking a meal and Listening to Backyard at the same time.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 02:04:12 AM »
I also place the small TV that came with GTW (I believe) in the kitchen and my sims will turn it on and watch something while cooking, it's so cute! I just had to add that... completely off topic though! :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2015, 02:15:02 PM »
Do they not stop cooking to watch?  It would be great if they just keep on cooking.  Imagine how much faster you could raise cooking skill by having the cooking channel on while cooking!  Wow.

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2015, 06:54:38 PM »
Multitasking is such a strong ability in Sims 4.  Probably my favourite update over Sims 3.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2015, 06:54:30 AM »
@Joria, yeah, they just keep cooking. So I have my sims watching the cooking channel while cooking! :) Boosts their fun too. lol, this has gone way off topic now!

Dellena

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2015, 02:45:25 PM »
If at all possible, I always have some sort of stereo near where my sim is skilling.  Then have them "Listen to ..." first and then start them skilling - like painting or writing, etc.  With the multitasking, they'll listen to the music which gains them fun and also skilling at the same time.

Update:  This doesn't work on writing.  I just tried it.  I know it works on painting, though.  And I'm pretty sure I've used it for the business career task as well.

Actually, it DOES work but you have to do it in the right order.  Have your sim start writing their book and THEN have them do the 'Listen to...' on a stereo nearby.  If you do it in the other order, they just stand there listening and don't go to the computer.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2015, 04:37:40 PM »
That stands true for any multi tasking while skilling. Always start the primary activity first (skilling) then add in the fun boosting activity.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2015, 08:09:31 PM »
On the reading a book, thing.  I have found the reading always takes so long with a lot of reading needing to be done to bring up the fun level, while you could just play a video game for a few seconds to achieve the same thing.  Also, they seldom finish the book but will just put it down any old place and then skip off to do something else.  I never thought of them doing it and actually having some of their daily task done!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2015, 08:19:59 PM »
Yeah reading a book is such a nightmare in sims 4 even the Bookworm sims also do that. Granted they get boosted fun from reading it but they never seems to finish the book in one go. It is more irritating when my sims read skill books but before even got a skill point, they just stop. I understand they want us to actually do the skills to learn but in previous games there is never an issue when I tried to learn from books. At least an option to read until skill increase should be an option here.

Sorry for getting off topic. But whenever I see a topic on reading book, it was always make me sad since Bookworm is my favorite trait in Sims 3 but in Sims 4 this activity is a let down.

Offline SingleMomSim

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2015, 12:21:18 PM »
Once you get to level 3 of the writing career, your daily task is supposed to be "write books" instead of "read books." However, I had my level 3 writer come home and start reading a book to bring her fun level back up. After a few minutes, I noticed that she had completed 50% of her task to write a book. She still needs to write to get her writing skill up, but it's useful to be able to do this when your sim's fun level is low.

Wow, thanks for the tip. I did not know this and I have a writer in the household I'm currently playing. I've always had her write books but there have a couple times when she didn't have a chance or I made her do other things because her fun was so low!!!

Also, thanks for the tips on music. I knew about this but keep forgetting to add stereos to all the rooms.

anything