Author Topic: Sims 4 refuses to run - video card problem possibly?  (Read 21115 times)

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
Re: Sims 4 refuses to run - video card problem possibly?
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2015, 03:27:28 PM »
I don't have my new computer yet, but an wondering if I will have problems with the games I have already bought. 

I am making the assumption that when I get the computer set up and install the game I will have to download patches from the beginning to present.  Also, any patches that Origin has. 

How will this affect my games?  I have been reading this thread about people having problems with their computers and want to be ready to deal with any that come up. 
Hi, Janna.

For The Sims 3, you may get a prompt that your video card is not supported. If you get that, let us know and we can help you tweak the necessary files.

For The Sims 4, if I remember the specs on your new computer correctly, the card is in the supported list for Sims 4, so you should be fine there. Sometimes the game may give the "video card not supported" error (it happens with our laptops occasionally even though they are supported). Just close and restart the game and the error should go away. :)

Hope this helps and happy Simming!

Flynn
Check out Flynn's Fineries for houses, Sims and helpful articles.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!