Author Topic: Moodlet will not expire  (Read 2954 times)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Moodlet will not expire
« on: December 13, 2015, 04:54:30 AM »
Hi. This probably isn't going to seem like a "real" problem, since it's a positive moodlet, but my 2 day moodlet from camping has now been hanging around all my sims for the last 2 sim weeks. As I said, it's not really a problem, since it's positive, but the way I see it is that if a positive moodlet can get "stuck" then it's completely plausible that a negative one can too. I know I can get rid of it with cheats, but has anyone been able to do it without cheats? I try to use cheats as little as possible (ironic, if you consider that TS1, TS2 and most of TS3 were taken up by me using cheats for everything lol)
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline beckey76

• Nooboo
Re: Moodlet will not expire
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 08:22:55 AM »
Mine has been hanging around longer than the 3 days too, it did/does eventually go away but I'm not sure how long it took.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 09:08:19 AM »
It's just really weird lol they haven't been on vacation/camping since the day after Sidhe turned into a child and he's already 8 days to YA!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 02:47:44 PM »
I had a couple of my dynasty sims who had that moodlet for generations and it was still there right at the end. lol It's a bug that's been reported.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 06:38:35 PM »
Oh ok cool :-) when I couldn't find anything here, I was a bit confused that it was just me lol will go do the "me too" thing on EA AHQ now :-)

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 11:10:52 PM »
So, cleaning cache and game repair seems to get rid of this moodlet... It is a bit of a shame really since your Sim get +1 Happy from it (or is it +2?!?) But it just felt really cheater-ish to me!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 12:03:21 AM »
That's good that repairing and clearing cache works. I doesn't work for me but that might be because it's an older file. I've noticed that files that are new after a patch seem to respond differently to older games.  ::)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 09:03:26 AM »
The same happened with my immortal dynasty founder. I believe the moodlet would appear when I loaded up the game and then disappear if I traveled, maybe? It's been months since I played that file.

I recently had a slightly different case of this, with the closet woohoo and regular post woohoo moodlets; when they got to 0 they stayed there, constantly flickering in and out but never leaving. The flirty wasn't the dominant emotion so I don't know if it would've acted different it it was. The next time I entered the game it was gone, though I don't know if it was just because I re-entered or because I cleared caches and repaired my game. This file was created after even the most recent patch, I believe, so who know what it would've done if it was older.  :P

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2015, 03:34:36 AM »
Actually @Playalot this was an older file (about 6 months or so)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 05:38:05 AM »
Actually @Playalot this was an older file (about 6 months or so)

That's really good to know! I've got some older files that are very messed up and I just can't get them to play as they should. I'll probably have to do a uninstall/install but I've been putting that off.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2015, 07:55:46 AM »
@Playalot at this point I'm actually think bugs and glitches are pure "luck" of the draw! People had such drama with TS3 and I never did, until 1 day, out of the blue, BAM my parents disappear after the free vacation, and that was after literally months of RL time letting parents go on that vacation... Same here with TS4, there's some known bugs that have never affected my game, then this one and the bathing one show up out of the blue... Oh and I had that weird fridge bug but that disappeared after a repair and factory reset... Plus, I've seen threads like this where the affected person swears blind that xyz fixed the bug and then person B tries it and it doesn't work for them lol the wonders of computers, right?!? Tech and I have a love-hate relationship: I love it but it hates me lol

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2015, 04:06:56 PM »
Yeah I was really lucky with TS3 and never had any of the bugs that seemed to plague most people; making up for that with TS4 lol

anything