Author Topic: Leaving Work Early  (Read 6917 times)

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
Leaving Work Early
« on: December 18, 2015, 10:02:29 PM »
Recently in my game, if I save and exit or go into CAS while my sim is at work, when I get back they'll return my sim from work, no matter how far they are in their shift. It's incredibly frustrating, as it's caused my sim to miss an easy promotion two days in a row. I had a glitch like this before, but it was a year ago, in my legacy file. I thought it had been fixed a long time ago, but apparently not. Has anyone else been having the problem?

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Re: Leaving Work Early
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 11:15:32 PM »
Hi, I believe that when you go into CAS and then back to normal play mode, it always takes  you to the home of the sim you are editing. So, if you're editing a visiting sim on your lot in CAS, you will be taken to that sim's home when you return to play mode. I could be mistaken, but I don't think it's a bug.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 01:14:51 AM »
After existing CAS, the game seems to execute a reset sim on the lot.  I've noticed for a lot of my sims, when coming out of CAS, their queues are gone and they appear to be reset.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 08:53:03 AM »
That's an interesting theory. I do remember exiting CAS resetting my sims, but I don't remember it sending them home. (To be fair, I don't remember a specific time where I sent my sims to CAS while my sims were at work, but with the disgusting amount of time I've logged into the game I just assumed it was at least once.) But even if that's the case, it doesn't account for why my sims are sent back when I open a save file, or also, if this is anything like the last time I had it, why they're sent back whenever I go away from the home lot and then return.

If it isn't a glitch (which I feel like it is, because it went back and forth between acting this way), then it's just a crazy oversight or even some kind of nonsensical game mechanic, both of which I would argue are worse.

I think I'll do some testing. See if it's file dependent and I just got unlucky, and if so, if CAS really has always sent you home.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 01:20:00 PM »
I've actually saved the game while I was at work with my Scientist. The next time I loaded that save, the game asked me who I wanted to follow. Since Jinx was in need of a promotion I chose her and the game opened up on the Science Lab without issue. It will be interesting to try and see what happens had I selected one of the other home-based sims!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 02:39:49 PM »
I've done the same Mags. It works well. I sometimes have my sims out all over the place and swap between them so at the next load I've got the option to follow them all at different locations. I used to always make sure everyone was finished what they were doing and were at home before I saved and quit, now I don't bother, I just save and quit no matter where they are.

CAS used to send all my at-work sims home but then it stopped doing that. I had thought this bug was fixed in a patch, maybe it's back again with the early Dec patch, this patch seems to have resurfaced some old bugs.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2015, 03:14:44 PM »
Maybe @JulianneALee  I don't play rotational games so that could be a factor.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 12:08:29 PM »
I've had my home sim go into CAS to plan outfits a couple times now while the kids are at school and when I come out, all the kids are home.  So for now, I wouldn't go into CAS while any sims are at work/school.