Author Topic: Make Memories to Create Emotions  (Read 15381 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Make Memories to Create Emotions
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2015, 12:09:43 AM »
@reggikko the whole screenshot/memories system has change entirely since this guide was made @Carl . Now the only emotion you can tag to a picture of your sim is the emotion that the sim was in at the time the screenshot was taken. You'll have noticed that the UI has changed also!
If you want to have different emotional screenshots for your sim to reminisce about you'll need to get your sim into those emotions first and take the screenshots for later use. The screenshots also don't stay 'tagged' as memories and so you will need to keep them in your screenshots folder for them to be available and you'll need to scroll through every picture in this folder each time you want your sim to reminisce.
It's not really worth all the trouble in my opinion, which is a shame as the old system was very easy to use and a brilliant fast way of getting your sims into different emotions.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2015, 12:30:39 AM »
What confused me was that both Sims were focused, yet I got a confident memory. I know what you mean about scrolling through the screenshots, though. I deleted a bunch, but I can see how that folder will get bloated very quickly, especially if your Sim takes photos. Ah, well. Thanks for the reply.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2015, 12:58:30 AM »
Oh..sorry I must have missed that bit of your post. Hmm... that seems strange but I've read posts where this has been happening to other simmers. Must be a bug I guess! It should be the most powerful emotion that registers for the screenshot... I mean confident could be a +2 while a whole stack of +1focused moodlets would make your sim focused, even though technically the confident emotion is the strongest, if you see what I mean.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2015, 01:40:51 AM »
I tried it again when there was no confident emotion at all and got the same thing with a confident memory. I think you're right anyway, though. It seems like more trouble than it's worth now.

anything