Author Topic: Game won't load (Mod related)  (Read 9210 times)

Offline Rilatoki

• Nooboo
Game won't load (Mod related)
« on: December 27, 2015, 05:43:00 PM »
So, my Sims 4 game wont load and usually starts to stop at the Sims 4 logo part of the loadup (right when the music starts to play). This has happened once, so I tried taking out a mod I recently downloaded and it worked again. Today, I downloaded some more and it didn't load, so I took out those mods and attempted to start the game again. It couldn't load. I also tried taking out all of the mods in the game and it worked. I dont know what mod caused it, but I honestly dont have the effort to remove each and every mod and start up my game again. Any suggestions?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Game won't load (Mod related)
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 07:23:09 PM »
It sounds like you already know what is causing the loading problems. So the best you can do is go through any mods and custom content you may have.

Custom content can become outdated with most new game patches. If the game works when the Mods folder is removed, then one or more of the mods and/or custom content has become outdated and will need to be removed or replaced. EA/Maxis aren't responsible for broken mods/cc. It's up to the creators to fix.

How-To: Fix Problems with Mods/CC
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,25031.msg426156.html#msg426156
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: Game won't load (Mod related)
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 03:52:34 AM »
You might also have to check the website of/contact the mod creator to see whether an update for the latest patch has been released. This might be less time consuming than testing each individual mod for success!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

anything