Author Topic: Forum's doing great!  (Read 2063 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Forum's doing great!
« on: December 05, 2015, 10:31:00 PM »
 ;D Visits to the Forum are up 30% the past 2 weeks, I am thinking Get Together has some people excited, but the Sims team has obviously been working hard on the game in general and I can feel the improvements while playing. For those of us in the Northern Hemisphere, it's a good season to spend more time at the PC enjoying Sims, unless of course you're in Florida or something and cold is 50 degrees to you.

I am back on the job to cover the new Get Together Pack, have been working a lot on Fallout 4 Strategy Guides lately to give myself more content to write about. When you do what I do, you go through the more interesting things and only new games can give you that sense of wonder again because you've already gone through the more interesting topics and analyzed them. Metro is going to be working on Aspirations section a bit, while I'm working on that pack and trying to get other things improved.

It's really relieving to see things survive and even thrive while I was going through those personal issues and couldn't do much in the social category. Anyway, it's really good to see new people coming to the Forum and that things are moving along steadily. I love this place and am so proud to see it building up again in every category. Big thank you to those of you who have stuck around, and because of that I have a special treat for a few of our long-term Forum members coming next weekend, so want people who are into Sims 4 to be aware to check in! /hype

Because I don't like how it behaves, I've removed the sliding ad and put the leaderboard above topics again for guests. I feel that slider is OK on the guide where you may only need to look at 1-2 pages, on the Forum on the other hand, you may want to browse 10+ pages and I don't want you to feel you need to close it every time. This should make this more navigable, and once you're so far down you won't have any ad harassing you at all. Sorry to be flip floppy on that, I want guests to have a good experience here but have to experiment a bit to achieve that.

And a reminder to people who are hesitant to register I do not sell emails or personal info like some scummy corps do. I know privacy is important - the only thing I track are page views so that I know how things are going. If you're a regular, it's actually better to register to disable ads on the Forum even if only for that purpose.

Offline beckey76

• Nooboo
Re: Forum's doing great!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 08:28:27 PM »
Guess I'll register ;) I've been using it a lot lately with maxing out skills.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 11:38:27 PM »
@beckey76 Welcome to the Forum! Hope your time is pleasant here, and I'm sure there's plenty to learn.

Offline Cat_Mom

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 10:57:43 AM »
It's good to know that this website and you and your amazing team is growing in popularity. It's so well laid out and easy to navigate. Many thanks to all of you for your many hours of hard work, dedication and expertise for making this site and all it's content a great experience.
P.S. Thanks also for tweaking that sliding ad, I must say I found it a tad annoying.
Corrie aka cat_mom

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 11:37:41 AM »
Welcome to our two new members! This forum is one of (if not THE) most friendly and amazing places online! I've only been here for 3 years, but there's nowhere else I would rather go to get my Sims fix! And even just chatting on the Babble Board is fun (although I haven't done much of that, oops). The stories are wonderful and our builders are some of the best on the net! There are Challenges and Dynasties and the 2016 Challenge Season is fast approaching (RL is a little less hectic so I might actually be able to compete this year :-) Yay!)
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*