Author Topic: How important are the monitors for gaming?  (Read 1760 times)

Offline Janna

• Watcher
How important are the monitors for gaming?
« on: October 29, 2015, 01:22:06 PM »
Was as Sam's Club today and was checking out the computers there and looking at the monitors had me wondering about how old was too old. 
I have my son's Benq monitor from a computer he had seven years ago.  If I am able to get a new computer for me, would I need to also get a new monitor?  I think it is 21 inches (?).  Not less than 17, but in measuring it from one corner to the other it came to 21 inches (used a ruler, so did a guesstimate).

I keep bouncing back and forth that we are going to get enough to do what is at the top of the wish list and thinking of what we would be able to do with the middle end or lower area of the settlement. 

Top of the wish list (computer wise) is $7,500 for Josh's computer and $2,500 for me.  Middle line is $5,000 for Josh and $1,000 to $1,200 for me.  Bottom, he gets a X Box and I get a computer around $1,000.
I will most likely get his HD monitor and his five speakers that he has, they are around 4 years old if he can get a new computer. 

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: How important are the monitors for gaming?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 03:14:18 PM »
How old is too old? Hard to say. As long as the picture looks good, and the back-lighting is holding up strong, I don't think there would be a problem with keeping it around.

However, if you're getting a new computer now's the time to get a new monitor. Technology has increased quite a bit since the original monitor. Keep the old one as a backup and it should be fine. 

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: How important are the monitors for gaming?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 06:25:08 AM »
I'm still using our original 15' LCD screen that we got about 10 years ago! It works like a bomb! That being said, my old laptop screen gave in after only 5 years! The PC monitor is LG and I swear by them and Samsung! I have had other electronics from other manufacturers that didn't last past the warrantee!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

anything