Author Topic: Newcrest Noobs-A Rivalry Dynasty: Pipps Week 1  (Read 10932 times)

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
Re: Newcrest Noobs-A Rivalry Dynasty: Peregrine Week 1
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2017, 07:38:57 AM »
Gaivan, so smooth.  I like him with Jade, I can't wait to see the kid aged up.

Very nice getting Plipnorp (Philip) over on alien night to meet some aliens people.  I have to say he's my favorite.
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Newcrest Noobs-A Rivalry Dynasty: Pipps Week 1
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2017, 09:07:04 PM »
Nice work, Gaivan!
I just figured out why I like Gaivan so much. He reminds me of Steve Martin in Roxane, that movie where he's the Cyrano de Bergerac character with the super long nose. I realize I'm aging myself here, but I was very excited!
He and Jade are a match made in heaven. Welcome baby Rose!
Philip/Plipnorp continues to crack me up. Totally Not Aliens. Great club name. Very inconspicuous!
I don't know what Paolo is (not) wearing in that picture, but Eva seems to be observing it very closely.
Yes!  I totally see the Roxanne connection!  Nice.
I adore Gaivan and Jade together.  I wasn't going to force it to happen (even though I had adored them from the first attempt), so I was thrilled when he ran into her at the dance club.  Nina actually walked past them on her way to work while they were dancing.
Yep, Totally Not Aliens is the most subtle name ever  ;=)

Ah yes the struggles of making retail interesting :P But at least you moved in the whole household, that's always a good strategy for getting additional money and support for a store. Seems like there are going to be a lot of babies running around soon, good luck!
I not only used the household for the retail work, but I also created Club Took, made them all members and used the Rally the Troops social to keep them from needing to deal with anything other than the occasional shower or channel surfing. 
Yes, they may have gotten a touch baby crazy...

Dang, the Took Crew is just trucking through the retail bloodline requirements!

Janie seemed to be stalking Galvan for a while.
Jade Rosa makes an excellent spouse--her children are lovely as long as you switch out her skinny eyebrows, hehe.
Initially, I'd just assumed that Galvan was the shy and quiet type, but he sure got Jade into the closet quickly.  o.O

I love how you're writing Plipnorp/Philip as the alien in denial, haha. I'm glad he's discovered Aliens' Night and hope he soon finds someone to share his secret life. XD
Janie just kept showing up everywhere he'd go or calling to ask him out.  I very nearly just let him move her in (along with her hubby) and making the poor fellow become a store slave while watching his (ex?)wife have Gaivan's baby.  I'm glad Jade showed up when she did.
Alien Night!  It was a wondrous stroke of luck!

Gaivan, so smooth.  I like him with Jade, I can't wait to see the kid aged up.

Very nice getting Plipnorp (Philip) over on alien night to meet some aliens people.  I have to say he's my favorite.
I'm glad you enjoy Plipnorp Phillip.  In fact, here's some more enjoyment for you  ;=)

Pippin:  And we finally reach week three and check in on everyone's favorite, normal, completely non-alien fellow, Plipnorp.
Plipnorp Phillip:  Phillip! 

Plipnorp Phillip:  Thank you, everyone, for coming to this meeting of Totally Not Aliens.
Pippin:  Yes, thank you indeed.  From left to right, we have Ryleigh, Lola, Jenny, and Deidre.  I like Deidre's purple coloring, Jenny is clearly the most "shapely," Lola has awesome ear points (that probably don't show up very well in this picture), but Ryleigh has the highest relationship with Plipnorp.
Plipnorp Phillip:  Phillip!
Pippin:  So, we give some time for the club to meet to see how he'll interact with the gals.

Pippin:  They spend a decent amount of that time in the backyard making the house far less efficient at hiding the rocket.
Plipnorp Phillip:  Rocket?  There's no rocket!

Pippin:  Yes.  Obviously.  Anyway, having bonded with all of them some more, and having shed his disguise, Phillip...
Plipnorp:  Plipnorp!
Pippin:  (sigh) Plipnorp checks out their traits.

Pippin:  We've got a nice collection including things like hot-headed and jealous, but the best traits and highest relationship status belong to...

Pippin:  Ryleigh!  You know, now that you've moved her in and she's donned her disguise, she's adorable!
Ryleigh:  So I'm ugly in my natural form?  Thanks a lot, Pippin.
Pippin:  No!  No, you were lovely as an alien, I just...that is...you have red hair!
Plipnorp Phillip:  Ignore him, regular Sim sweetheart, let's go explore space together.

Pippin:  Wait, I thought you could only explore space one at a time and going into the rocket together only happens when you're going to...oh.  Carry on then.  And after they get back, they work on the soulmate aspiration with some dating.

Ryleigh:  We are passing for normal Sims.
Plipnorp Phillip:  Of course we are!  I have a hat.
Ryleigh:  You should also have a ring.

Ryleigh:  Will you be my man-wife?
Pippin:  Husband?
Ryleigh:  That too!
Plipnorp Phillip:  I'll be all of that!  Let's have this random old lady perform the ceremony.

Random Old Lady:  Dearly beloved, you're blocking the bar.  Will you please move?
Ryleigh:  I do!
Plipnorp Phillip:  I also do!
Pippin:  I know pronounce you really weird.  You may kiss the bride. 
Ryleigh:  C'mere, bride!
Pippin:  (sigh) Groom.  Anyway, Ryleigh continues getting in quality time with the Totally Not Aliens crew,

Pippin:  while Plipnorp Phillip begins his career as a scientist.

Pippin:  Not even sure what he's doing here.
Plipnorp Phillip:  It's okay, neither am I!
Pippin:  But happy news came to the young couple.

Ryleigh:  I'm having a baby!  It might be yours!
Plipnorp Phillip:  Fingers crossed!
Pippin:  And Plipnorp or Phillip or someone was taken out to celebrate...three times within the week.

Other Aliens:  We heard you want to have a baby, regular Sim?
Plipnorp Phillip:  Am having a baby!  Having a baby!
Pippin:  Hmmm, maybe they'll have a spare...?  But speaking of having babies...

Doctor:  Umm, something seems a little...odd...about your baby...?
Plipnorp Phillip:  Oh.  That is...we're from Sweden.  The baby probably just looks Swedish.
Doctor:  No, it's...an alien?!?!?

Ryleigh:  You don't remember anything.
Doctor:  (Doesn't remember anything...including how to speak)
Pippin:  You should be more specific next time.
Ryleigh:  My bad.

Pippin:  And what name have you given your beautiful and obviously non-alien girl?
Ryleigh:  Ailene!  It sounds very non-alien.
Pippin:  ...
Plipnorp Phillip:  Hey, Totally Not Aliens, why don't you guys watch the baby while Ryleigh and I celebrate with a date?
Totally Not Aliens:  Sounds good to us!

Pippin:  Yes, they run into Jade and Candy at the dance club.  then, they decide to find some privacy at the ancient ruins.

Pippin:  And they completely ignore the sign indicating that no one is allowed to go in the bushes.  At any rate, the expanded family gets an expanded house.

Pippin:  Plipnorp has reached level 5 of the science career and has found, married, and procreated with an alien.  His ship has all but 1 1/2 of the upgrades and he has only purchased the connections reward as it helps with the career and has gotten none of the required alien rewards.  Maybe not massive progress, but they do seem really happy.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Newcrest Noobs-A Rivalry Dynasty: Pipps Week 1
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2017, 10:53:08 PM »
Plipnorp and Ryleigh make such an adorable couple!
What luck that Ryleigh turned out to have such a cute human disguise and even be a redhead, lol!

I've never played a Rival Dynasties Challenge, but the alien bloodline always seemed the hardest to me.
So I think Plipnorp's had an extremely productive first week.
And he's kept his spousal rejects in his Totally Not Aliens club? Lol (Are they helping him with the rocket?)

Lovely update! And I'm ecstatic that your next sim-week of updates will feature the nooboos and possibly toddlers.
What a perfect time to start your challenge, Pippin!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2017, 11:34:50 PM »
Welcome Ailene! I literally laughed out loud at the name and had to explain to my husband what was going on . . . which took awhile. :)

Anyway, so glad Plipnorp/Phillip is doing so well and that he's found a spouse who is not just an alien deep-down, but also on the surface.

Wow, three abductions in a week! Being an alien plus the scientist career must really increase your odds. If that increases the likelihood of a Plipnorp/Phillip incubated spare, then I'm delighted!

Loved Ryleigh erasing the doctor's memory. She deserved it for being so cheeky as to copy Ryleigh's exact hairstyle and color. Also love how the baby already gets a Princess Cordelia bed and Mom and Dad are still sleeping on an air mattress. Ailene, you are going to be a very spoiled totally regular human sim!

Offline PJHP1243

• Stands for Percy Jackson-Harry Potter (yes, I know I am a total book nut)
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2017, 07:29:44 AM »
Plipnorp, or Philip, or something seems to be finally doing well! Right now all I can think of is ALIEN TODDLERS. Yay!

"Totally Not Aliens" made me laugh out loud. All the "Yes, we are totally normal sims and most definitely not aliens" was hilarious!
stories coming soon... my sims 3 is working again!
I am a pro lurker. If you are reading this right now, I have most likely read your story. Maybe I'll comment. No promises...

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2017, 08:42:55 AM »
I love this! Pip, you are truly the King of the Comeback! I don't know what I would do without your stories, and now that you've come over to The Dark Side The Sims 4, I get to see you utilize the emotion system, which I think is da bomb!

Can't wait to see your toddlers. Do you have your builds up under the #CarlsRDC in the Gallery? I especially like the 1st Retail starter. The kitchenette area was so cute.
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2017, 10:00:33 AM »
You're making great progress! I'm especially impressed with Galvan's store. Looking forward to all the toddlers.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2017, 10:17:08 PM »
I'm glad to find another Pippin story! Games change but I guess your humor stays. ;)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
  • A bit dramatic, a little insane, mostly artistic
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2017, 11:15:40 PM »
Plipnorp...erm I mean Philip is such a great normal sim man from Sweden! I'm sure he's going to make a great man-wife and man-mother ;D I can't wait to see how all these nooboos look as toddlers, especially Ailene.

You're making pretty good progress so far, the beginning of this challenge is slow so don't feel too discouraged.

anything