Author Topic: Game will not load  (Read 2232 times)

Offline magencartwright

• Nooboo
Game will not load
« on: November 04, 2015, 04:04:55 AM »
I've been downloading homes from the gallery and noticed my game started slowing down. I tried to clear some cache files. Now the game will launch but once I choose my household I want to play with it acts like it's loading then goes straight back to the map I was at previously. I tried replacing the cache files I removed and also chose the repair game option in origin but it still does not load completely. I've tried to find a thread on this somewhere but I cannot. I feel my last option is to uninstall the game completely but I really don't want to do that. Any help?

Dellena

Re: Game will not load
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 04:37:20 AM »
Does this happen in a brand new game or are you trying to play a game that's been going on for a long time?  Does one of the household sims have a lot in their personal inventory?  Do you use mods or CC?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Game will not load
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 10:48:23 AM »
This sounds like a familiar bug, though it's been said to be somewhat fixed, there are still instances that make it pop up.

[BUG] Loading family just loads Map again
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ISSUE-Loading-family-just-loads-Map-again-PLEASE-PATCH-YOUR-GAME/td-p/4672173

It's been suggested to do a factory reset. Without Mods/CC, other game saves, files/folders - Try just your broken save again to see what happens. If you're still having problems with it Do not save it.

However, if you find that it does work okay, add in your Mods/CC and other files/folders. Use Save As to save it with a different name.

Try a Factory Reset -- Sims 4 Factory Reset - HowTo
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21899.msg401669.html#msg401669

Something else to try is a test game without the downloaded content from the gallery.

Hope this helps :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything