Author Topic: Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen  (Read 29300 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2015, 03:47:39 PM »
Ack. I just cannot put it all together this year and win an event. Oh, well - there's one more left.

Boo Hoo had his share of troubles...

Skills - 101
Aspirations - 96
Job - 63
SM - 2.20

(101 + 96 + 63) X 2.20 = 572

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2015, 02:05:11 AM »
My Sim ended up with 47 Skills, 25 Aspirations completed, 9 Job Promotions, and 39 Misfortunes for a Grand Total of  220 points.

Skills 47 X 1 = 47.
Asps 25 X 2 = 50.
Jobs    9 X 3 = 27.

Total = 124 points.
Multiplier = 1 + (39 X .02) = 1.78
Grand Total = 1.78 X 124 = 220.
Cynthia

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2015, 09:41:33 AM »
This event is now closed. Congratulations to Nikitachi!

Everyone is free to share strategy now.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2015, 12:55:34 PM »
Thank you, Nutella for closing this. I had some computer issues, but now I am back and up and running. Congrats to Nikitachi - well done!

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2015, 02:26:42 PM »
Congratulations to Niktachi.  Hope that everyone else enjoyed this challenge as much as I did. *

Looking forward to reading about what I should have done.

* Just thought, saying that I enjoyed this seems to imply that I like my Sims to be slightly tormented!  I am, however, looking at where I came on the leaderboard and consoling myself with the thought that I cannot be too much of a sadist.... not that I am implying, in any way, that you high scorers enjoyed inflicting troubles upon your sims, I was more just a bit concerned that I did!

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2015, 01:33:54 AM »
Oh my  :o I totally didn't expect to win, I was sure ClayMask and LenaLJ would greatly outperform me as usual. But now I see that they haven't participated. And I completely restarted my computer system a few days ago, so I can't even check some things I don't remember  :'( My strategy won't be full because of it. I'll just do my best and write my key moments. Also, sorry if I get any names wrong - my game's not in English.

So, I played with a male sim. He had Loves he Outdoors (to have a +2 happy moodlet all the time), Ambitious (since we needed a lot of promotions for the challenge), and the third trait I can't remember, sorry  :( His initial aspiration was Computer Whiz (to get a skill leveling boost). After the start, I changed it to Soulmate immediately. He met Zoe Patel and quite quickly completed the aspiration by marrying her (without moving her in, of course) and all the other stuff. During the process, he fell asleep on the ground and peed himself a few times, which counted towards my multiplier (it didn't really bother him because of a ton of positive moodlets from interacting with Zoe). Zoe is a great "guest wife" because she's unemployed and can come whenever called, never saying she's busy. Since that day, he always invited Zoe to come, usually twice a day. Completing the Soulmate aspiration gives two amazing boosts - renewing their wedding promises near the wedding arch (which gives +3 to Happy for 2 days) and also an instant big boost to all needs (don't know the English name, it's something like "sharing tough times together" by sense). That was making my sim pretty much always in a great mood. During the whole challenge, I didn't really try to get a lot of Misfortunes, because for me it was easier to concentrate on skills, asps and promos. My sim never had a bed on his lot, and the toilet bowl was moving back and forth from the inventory to the lot (sometimes I wanted him to pee himself, sometimes not because he needed to do something useful urgently).
The next aspiration was Computer Whiz. In the very beginning of the game, he joined the Tech Guru career, so he was level 2 already when I chose the asp. This aspiration, again, has two huge advantages. First is that, upon completion, you can get job meter boosts. Second is Research binge which raises all of your skills at once! (except the ones that came with the addons). So basically, all the rest of the strategy was completing this aspiration, then getting level 2 in each skill (Research binge doesn't work until the skill is lvl 2), then using Research binge until all my skills were lvl 6 (it can't go higher with Research binge). Voila, lots of points for the challenge  ;D I quickly raised Charisma to lvl 10 to get an opportunity to ask for a bonus, which also helped the job meter. Now I could easily get a promotion on earlier levels in one day. Then, basically I worked on all aspriations one by one, raising skills further where needed and getting career promotions where needed as well. I can't remember all the careers my sim worked in, but the first one was definitely Tech guru to lvl 5, then Culinary to lvl 8 (I guess, can't be sure), and also a few levels of Entertainer, Painter and Sports.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2015, 09:03:55 AM »
Thanks, Nikitachi!

I definitely learned a few things from your account. I didn't realize that Research binge was so powerful.

The only thing I can remember is that I didn't have a toilet on my sim's lot until the last couple of days when I wanted her to be in a good mood for her job. I also invited all the elders she knew to a party 10 days after the beginning of the game, and one of them died at the party. She also witnessed two deaths at the park. Even though I never let her cook salads, she managed to avoid starting a fire. I did let her sleep, though, which was probably a mistake.

The fun part was watching her dance when embarrassed or tense -- I hadn't realized that these emotions influenced dance styles. Also I learned that the "try to calm down" using the mirror is actually a pretty powerful way to change a sim's mood.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2015, 08:20:13 PM »
Well done, Nikitachi! Thanks for the info on research binge; I didn't know about that one either.  You were much nicer to your Sim than I was to poor Yara; she didn't get any further with the Soulmate aspiration than two dates and a boyfriend; I did a ton of aspiration hopping with her.  For careers, she spent her first week circulating through a few of my favourite rabbit hole careers to gather up some one day promotions; then she stayed in the scientist career for the rest of the game.  For misfortunes, I focused on bladder failure; all others were strictly targets of opportunity.  I discovered that she would still make drinks regardless of her misery, so once she was too uncomfortable for anything else, she'd have a drink and get on with the bladder failure.  Then pop her into the shower, give herself a pep talk in the mirror to get over the embarrassment and move on.  Once she was in the science career, she could do the same thing at work, albeit with the coffeepot rather than the bar.  Two things I enjoyed immensely were the luxury of ignoring her whims altogether since there was no profit in satisfying them and discovering the fun of the science career.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2015, 09:29:06 PM »
Two things I enjoyed immensely were the luxury of ignoring her whims altogether since there was no profit in satisfying them and discovering the fun of the science career.

Totally agree on the Whims. It was great to tell my Sim - "yeah, I don't care if you want to do push ups it's not going to happen."