Author Topic: Game Not Working *Fixed!!*  (Read 2397 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Game Not Working *Fixed!!*
« on: October 08, 2015, 03:00:47 AM »
Hi again, I'm not sure what's happening here. I clicked on my icon to start the game and the launcher comes up. I click on "play" and then I'm greeted w/"The Sims 3 has stopped working. I have to then close it down.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Game Not Working
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 12:01:26 PM »
Hi Sonshine,

I've had this happen a couple times within the last six months. Restarting the computer helped.

I think it may have been my fault, so to speak. Due to me playing a different game (Minecraft) for more than a few hours, then trying to launch Sims 3 afterwords. *Blush* Computer can't handle that.

If that doesn't seem to help. Try deleting the game cache files.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 04:06:43 PM »
Hi  again Mrs Flynn! Unfortunately, that didn't help. :(  As for playing several apps at the same time, my comp can handle that. It is a gaming comp. Even w/nothing else going though this happens.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 04:53:20 PM »
Okay, let's dig a bit deeper. - and adding some reference links, just in case they may help as well.

Try these tips if you haven't already:

1. Try running the game by by-passing the launcher, and use the TS3.exe file to run the game.

Go to ---> C:\Program Files (x86)\TheSims3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe

2. Add Sims 3 and Expansions to the DEP
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Data_Execution_Prevention/TS3W
** If you need help with this - I've got notes on this.

----------
Reference Links:
Game Crashes (Sims 3 has stopped working)
http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/error-game-crashes-ctd.html

Sims 3 Game Problems
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Game_Problem

Sims 3 Crashing Checklist
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Crashing_Checklist
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 11:44:37 AM »
Hi again! This is certainly perplexing! I tried the first 2 steps which didn't work and then I removed my mods folder. The game fired right up! It's perplexing b/c I don't remember any changes I made. So now, I need to go through that and find out what file is messing things up. : /

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 04:08:55 PM »
Oh my goodness.. I totally spaced checking mods and custom content. That should be one of the first things that is checked other than restarting, and clearing cache. *Blush*

But I was going off of what had recently happened to me - that the computer popped up with the Sims 3 has stopped working message. For me it was that I had just come out of playing Minecraft for like.. uhm... 4/5 hours... So of course it crashed as I was going to try to play Simmies. *Snicker*

I play with mods too, but just recently made sure all of them were up to date.

MrsFlynn

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 05:26:24 PM »
See, I didn't even think of mods or other package files either! I don't remember what I d/led now. I have to go through that folder now and it's going to be a chore to be sure! Ugh! What we don't do for our simmies, LOL

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2015, 09:17:51 PM »
Go through your Mods > Package files and search on what files you have listed. Sometimes you can find what mods they are and where they come from. Then make a list with the information.

Other mods/package files may take a bit to find. I've got a list together if you want to share mod lists with each other? I'll pm you with mine.

MrsFlynn

anything