Author Topic: Playing against ranked chess players  (Read 9272 times)

Arafel

Playing against ranked chess players
« on: October 17, 2009, 12:33:40 PM »
So, one of the daughters in my legacy challenge has the lifetime goal of becoming a chess legend and she now has the wish to beat a ranked chess player (makes sense). However, whenever I invite one of the ranked chess players over the option to play against them is not avaiable. Af first I thought this was because she was still a teen, but now that she is a young adult she still isn't able to play againt the chess player.

I didn't have this problem with my founder. She was able to invite the ranked chess player over and play a game of chess with them (and my founder won I might add ;)). So now I'm wondering what I'm missing with the daughter. She has 6 or 7 logic points. Any ideas?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Playing against ranked chess players
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 02:19:08 AM »
Hi Arafel!

Are you using one of the outdoor chess tables that has the timer on one side?  You can only use these "timer" tables for ranked chess tournaments.  Once your opponent arrives at your house, you should be able to click on the chess table and see the option to play a ranked match against that particular Sim.  If this doesn't help with your problem, please post again with as much detail as you can manage and we'll try to think of something else.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Arafel

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 01:37:46 PM »
I've been using the same chess table since I first started playing this family. I'll go ahead and get another one and give it a go and see what happens

Offline Honeymooners

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 10:24:12 AM »
Sometimes the player is at work or school

Arafel

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 04:11:47 PM »
Well, I think I figured out what I was doing wrong. I'm almost too embarrased to say what I think I was doing wrong, but since I love to laugh in the face of humiliation, I'll tell you all :P

I never invited the opponent into the home (where the chess board is). I think because the person wasn't inside the house they were not given the option to play the game. Before, when I had the board outside, the option showed always up. :-[

Anywho, I got my sim to play against the chess opponent, who I now think are vampires, they needed to be invited in before they can lose at playing chess to my sim! :D

Of course I could be wrong and it was just some glitch in the Sim's matrix that has been corrected.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 04:37:12 PM »
I'm glad you have it all worked out and the Matrix is back to normal.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."