Author Topic: Stay-at-Home-Mom?  (Read 5435 times)

Offline prozspade

• Nooboo
Stay-at-Home-Mom?
« on: August 08, 2015, 06:08:07 PM »
Hey, this is my first post so please let me know if I'm breaking any rules or posting in the wrong place.

Recently one of my sims died of old age. She had 2 teenage kids and worked as an Angel Investor. So she was at the top of the business career and died on the weekend while still employed. All of the household members suddenly know her ghost's career as "Stay-at-Home-Mom" even though she started in the business track before she had kids and worked until she died.

Is it because she's dead now so she gets a new career? Did she lie about her career and I didn't notice? What gives?  :-\

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Stay-at-Home-Mom?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 07:15:28 PM »
Hi prozspade, welcome to the forum. My guess is your ghost is now a stay-at-home-mom because household members who die and become ghosts don't have jobs. Which makes sense, right. After all if you die you don't stay employed. I know that townies sims who don't have jobs will either be 'unemployed' of 'stay-at-home-parents' if they have children, so that's why she now has that label. If you invite your ghost back into the family you can give her a job again but I think she will start at L9 of her career rather than go back to L10.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline prozspade

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 07:35:29 PM »
Thanks! Sorry, I didn't see the Misc Help discussion category.

Actually, now she's unemployed so I think you're right. I'm not sure why she became a stay-at-home mom and then unemployed, but I'm sure it has something to do with her death.

What happens if I invite her back into the family? Can she work normally? Can she leave the family again without moving into another home?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 09:48:20 PM »
I've only invited one family member's ghost back into my household but I'm pretty sure they can get a job/career etc. In all other aspects they function just like an ordinary sim... just with a few extra ghostly interactions etc. Once a ghost is part of your family you will have to use the same method of moving them out that you would for an ordinary sim so nothing is different there. Carl's got a good guide about moving sims in and out etc.  :) And another one all about ghosts.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.