Author Topic: Intermittent lagging/freezing *Fixed!!*  (Read 9701 times)

Offline perfectly_circle01

• Nooboo
Intermittent lagging/freezing *Fixed!!*
« on: August 03, 2015, 05:35:44 PM »
Hi folks,

I've been playing Sims 4 since it was released, and have had no problems whatsoever with the game until recently.  In my current world, I am just controlling one couple in a single home.  I recently downloaded a new lot from the community gallery, and created my own sim to run a second household in this same world.  Shortly after starting with this newly created sim and downloaded lot, I was getting intermittent lag or "freezing".  Graphics such as the sim bobbing and trees and curtains blowing in the wind would still occur.  I could not assign new tasks to the sim, and the game speed can not be changed at this point.  I cannot interact with any objects in the world.  After perhaps 15-30 seconds, it would "reset" back to the original point of freezing, and things would be fine until the next lag would occur.  This could happen every minute, or take ten minutes in between freezes.  I can enter into build mode without problem.  If I traveled with this sim to a different lot, the problem would still occur.  I then reloaded the saved game prior to this new household, and everything is fine.  At one point, I tried playing through this lag.  After having it occur probably a dozen times or more, the game eventually crashed (first time I've ever seen this).  In fact, I can run my original household with no problems, so long as I do not take control of this second household.  I am running without any mods.

I then deleted the lot, and my newly created sim.  I downloaded an entirely new lot, and created an entirely new sim.  The same problem occurred.  Lastly, I downloaded a new lot and created a new sim in Oasis Springs (I had my others in Willow Springs).  I still have this lag/freezing problem.  After some reading online last night, I tried repairing the game, clearing caches, and tried resetsim as well.  None of this seems to help.

Computer info:  Intel Core i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz, 1024 L2 cache size, 8GB RAM, MSI NVidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card N660 TF 2GD5/OC

As stated, I have had zero performance issues even at the highest quality graphics, I only seem to have issues once I try to play a second household.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Intermittent lagging/freezing
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 06:25:20 PM »
Hi Perfectly,

I did some searching to see if I could find some suggestions and based on what you've already tried. Here are a few more suggested things to try.

1. Are your graphics drivers are up to date? Howto make sure drivers are up to date
2. Make sure vertical sync is enabled in the NVidia control panel.
3. Turn off Origin In Game - Open Origin, Select Origin > Application Settings > Origin In Game and deselect to disable Origin In Game.
4. Factory Reset - Sims 4 Factory Reset - HowTo

See more suggestions in the post linked below:

Relieve Freezing and/or Game Lag
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29313.msg426179#msg426179

Thank you for posting what you've already tried. Hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn

=====
Reference Links:

Laggy Pauses
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/839171/laggy-pauses
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 12:22:15 AM »
Thank you for the response.

1)  I double checked the graphic drivers, they are good to go.
2)  Vertical sync was set to "use the 3D application setting".  I changed it "on".  No luck.  I then tried "adaptive", no luck again.
3)  I did turn off Origin, no change.
4)  I did the factory reset as you described, and then brought back my save folders, options.ini., etc.  Still no luck.

I'm wondering if there was something in the original lot that I downloaded that screwed up my save file.  I'll do some more putzing tomorrow, but I'm afraid I may just have to ditch this saved world....

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 12:32:28 AM »
The other thing that was suggested was to save the household(s) and house(s) to library. Create a new game and place the families in a new town to see how that works out.

If things seem okay. Go ahead and place the house. If the saved game starts glitching, or lagging after you place the house. It maybe the house that is the problem.

MrsFlynn
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 12:43:52 AM »
If you have custom content in your game. You might want to try running the game without it by moving the Mods folder to the desktop for temporary. And playing the game to see if that might help.

Sims 4 recently had a new patch and it's recommended to go through your custom content each time there is a new update to make sure they aren't messing up your game.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 01:37:56 AM »
Moving this topic to Misc Help, in order to possibly get more game-play help with it. As this seems to be more  game-play glitch/bug related than technical.

Game-play problems that are happening in-game:

My sim can't interact with anything.
Game speed can not be changed.
Can't assign new tasks to the sim.

MrsFlynn

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 01:45:36 AM »
There are a few threads on the EA forums and on the official bug thread about time glitching. I'll post the links below for you. Also was wondering if you have a lot of items on the lots you downloaded? I've experienced lagging on my dynasty lot and I know it's directly related to the sheer huge number of items I have on the lot. Perhaps the downloaded lot has plants and rocks etc placed in large number by using the MoveObjectsOn cheat?

Bug Thread where you can add a 'me too' and report your problem if it is the same
Time Glitchy?
Time Bug

I hope some of this helps. Sometimes it is super tricky to narrow down what exactly is going on in a bugged game.

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2015, 10:31:32 PM »
I saved my working original household and lot to my library, then created a new game.  Everything worked fine as expected.  I then downloaded a lot, different than the one giving me trouble originally, and created a new Sim for that lot.  Everything worked great this time around.  Something with that lot must have been giving me trouble. 

The only thing that I found as a bit different for that lot I had trouble with, is that it was not originally set as "residential", even though it seemed to be designed as such.  It was a modern bachelor theme house.  I had to change the lot type to "residential" to keep random people coming in to my house and virtually living there.  This lot was not very big, and was not loaded with many pieces of furniture, land scaping, etc. 

Thanks again for all of the help, I appreciate it.