Author Topic: Question about repairing the game.  (Read 4857 times)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Question about repairing the game.
« on: July 11, 2015, 07:45:55 AM »
When repairing the game do you only need to do it from The Sims 4 icon or should you also go through and do a repair on each of the stuff packs, expansions and game packs?
I've been doing a repair on all of them when I do a repair but I'm not sure if it's really necessary.

Repair Game Question
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Repair-game-question/m-p/4664177#U4664177
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Question about repairing the game.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 09:19:14 AM »
I didn't even know that was possible. I guess, if just doing the base game didn't work, you could try repairing the others as well. Or if your problem is specific to one of the packs, try that one.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 11:11:20 AM »
I wasn't having a problem right now. Repairing the game is just something I do every couple weeks or so like clearing my cache files.
But like right clicking on The Sims 4 icon has a repair option there is also a repair option with each of the other packs also. And like when repairing The Sims 4 it says verifying The Sims 4 files if you do it with Get to Work it says verifying  The Sims 4: Get to Work files and it's the same with the other packs. That's why I've been doing all the packs when I do a repair. I was just wondering if it was really necessary to do each one or if just doing The Sims 4 took care of everything.
Right now it's no big deal where there are just a few packs but as more comes out it'll be different. :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 11:42:44 AM »
What a great question Grimsoul!!  You've got us stumped for an answer. Just a guess, doing repair game on Sims 4 should work for repairing the whole game. But repairing each expansion, stuffs, and packs probably doesn't hurt.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline butterflysim13

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 02:00:51 PM »
I didn't even know that was possible. I guess, if just doing the base game didn't work, you could try repairing the others as well. Or if your problem is specific to one of the packs, try that one.

In my opinion as MrsFlynn said doing a repair on each won't hurt. I recently had an issue and I repaired each one, it doesn't take long so better to do all just to be sure.
 ;)

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2015, 03:08:47 PM »
I didn't even know that was possible either. Will have to give it a try!

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2015, 04:43:04 PM »
I guess I'll just keep doing as I have been and run a repair on each on unless I find out for sure it doesn't matter sense it doesn't take that long to do a repair on them.
If I do have a game problem that seems confined to a certain pack I may try to just repair that pack and see if it fixes it or if I have to repair the base game just to see what happens.
And it seems if nothing else my question made others aware that you can repair each pack and not just the base game. ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2015, 04:55:21 AM »
Just realised that I must of been half asleep when I posted. In origin, when you repair the game it automatically cycles though all the packs you own of the game. Starting with the base game.

As an recent(ish) update amalgamated the packs into one (so it just shows the base game), think I confused myself!

Offline butterflysim13

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2015, 08:57:17 PM »
Just realised that I must of been half asleep when I posted. In origin, when you repair the game it automatically cycles though all the packs you own of the game. Starting with the base game.

As an recent(ish) update amalgamated the packs into one (so it just shows the base game), think I confused myself!

Hi Tigerskin

When you go into the information screen for Sims 4 on Origin it still shows individual packs, this is where I am referring to, not the My Games default screen. :), but you are correct it does cycle through each pack if you repair from that first screen.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2015, 10:55:15 PM »
What gets me is when you repair from the first screen it only mentions that it's verifying the files for The Sims 4 (Digital Deluxe) and then installs The Sims 4 (Digital Deluxe), which to me is just the base game, but it never mentions the other packs unless I do a repair on them separately.
I guess it's just me being weird and wanting to see it mention the others packs to see that it's cycling through them to know for sure.  :-[

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2015, 08:48:34 AM »
I just done a repair to try and fixing a problem after the patch and I noticed that it now shows the packages as it cycles thru them as it's verifying and installing them. :)