Author Topic: The Sims 4 Spa Day Pack - Coming July 14th  (Read 12227 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: The Sims 4 Spa Day Pack - Coming July 14th
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2015, 01:46:53 PM »
I am glad that it offers you to place the new lot right when you start the game, as opposed to expecting totally new players to jump right in and do this through edit town. Good stuff, and a practice they should keep in the future. I actually like the control it will lend to players, to be able to easily choose where the new lots go.

My Sim is signed up for a Yoga class already. I guess they start every so often while you're in the spa. Paid $110 for a brain boosting class, yikes.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2015, 02:46:02 PM »
I am glad that it offers you to place the new lot right when you start the game, as opposed to expecting totally new players to jump right in and do this through edit town. Good stuff, and a practice they should keep in the future. I actually like the control it will lend to players, to be able to easily choose where the new lots go.

My Sim is signed up for a Yoga class already. I guess they start every so often while you're in the spa. Paid $110 for a brain boosting class, yikes.

Wellness does not come cheap.

But actually I'm tempted to use a money cheat just to keep sending my sim to yoga class. I love watching her and the other student. What's funny is the way she just stands there when the instructor does something hard. Do a handstand? I don't think so. And then the instructor dozes off during the corpse pose.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2015, 03:03:12 PM »
I got a screenshot of exactly that - a Sim going 'Nope' while someone does a handstand. I urge caution with the sauna. Once you get the 3h happy moodlet, your experience in there has peaked. I've already killed him from the sauna while testing that. It's not meant to be used very long at all, like 1 hour tops. I can't see the Moodlet carrying over after leaving either, so it seems to be while inside. I would think some time in a sauna might help the mood afteward. Regardless it is good for socializing for a short time and perhaps easing sore muscles after a Yoga session has made them uncomfortable.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2015, 04:01:44 PM »
I've created a Spa Day board under Game Packs where players can share their first impressions. Since this is a pack with actual gameplay content, it has enough discussion potential to justify it :)

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2015, 04:38:05 PM »
I haven't bought the game pack, but I have a question for those who have; are there any new aspirations or traits (normal or reward)? The lack of all three was by far the most disappointing part of GTW to me, but Outdoor Retreat had all three, so I hope this Game Pack is the same (especially because it seems Wellness would lend itself quite well to an aspiration).

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2015, 04:45:35 PM »
I haven't bought the game pack, but I have a question for those who have; are there any new aspirations or traits (normal or reward)? The lack of all three was by far the most disappointing part of GTW to me, but Outdoor Retreat had all three, so I hope this Game Pack is the same (especially because it seems Wellness would lend itself quite well to an aspiration).

No new aspirations or traits.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2015, 04:52:05 PM »
No new aspirations or traits.

Thanks Marian. That's... disappointing.

I don't want to come off as negative- this still seems like a great pack and I'll definitely buy it- but this trend is worrying. There's always the next expansion pack?  :-\

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2015, 05:08:01 PM »
I'm writing them about it, because it's kind of upsetting. Some minor traits and aspirations are not a big thing, and something themed to the content of the pack should come with each pack. I'm not even stuck in the past and insisting on everything be the same, it just makes sense :(

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2015, 05:37:36 PM »
That's a good idea, Carl. I could understand more with GTW, since the focus was so much on the careers, but I can't think of a reason they couldn't have given us a Wellness related aspiration or a trait along the lines of Geek or Bro.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2015, 05:47:00 PM »
Thanks Marian. That's... disappointing.

I don't want to come off as negative- this still seems like a great pack and I'll definitely buy it- but this trend is worrying. There's always the next expansion pack?  :-\
I'm disappointed by this, too.  These are some of the main draws of an expansion or game pack for me.

Offline Lysita

• Townie
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2015, 08:04:04 PM »
Right now we only have one fitness/sport aspiration, but I can totally envision one from the stuff in this pack being called 'Zen Master' or something along those lines. Of course, you'd need to do things that encompass all three sections of the skill. Massage, yoga and meditation.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2015, 10:01:38 PM »
Asked a Simguru, and while I'd rather not quote them they said that they too were surprised that more haven't been added. Said my feedback would be passed along so there is some hope. They may have underestimated the importance IMO. Notice how good they are doing in other areas, and it's easy to see the effort to please the Sims community. Maybe getting the need for these out to people able to do something, we can get them to realize they need to prioritize it a bit better. I'd love to see some added retroactively but that might be too much to ask.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2015, 10:15:27 PM »
While I'm disappointed in no new traits or aspirations, I'm looking forward to testing it out.  Just bought it, so gotta get it downloaded.  I hope you're right Carl.  Something retroactive would be nice.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2015, 10:48:00 PM »
It's kind of weird but I actually like that the new wellness skill isn't attached to an aspiration. It let's me play it how I want to without having to do certain things so many times etc. I do understand the other perspective though perfectly but I'm just enjoying playing the wellness skill my own way for a change.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

hazysmith

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2015, 12:12:54 PM »
It's a bit disappointing that there is isn't an aspiration to be linked to this game pack - but I'm going to enjoy it anyway!

anything