Author Topic: Merging towns from separate computers  (Read 3149 times)

Offline funkywallace

• Nooboo
Merging towns from separate computers
« on: July 26, 2015, 05:43:59 AM »
If this is in the wrong section, please feel free to move it to the appropriate section.

Started a game on one computer, and the wife has started another game on that computer, so i moved my save over to another computer to keep playing.  Now I want to merge the two towns, but cant quite figure out what to do.

I have tried copying and renaming the save, as per http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=22067.0, but the separate save wont show up together in the town view when you start up the game, and I've not been able to figure out how to use the merging tool to put them into the same town.

If anyone has had any experience with doing this, can you please point me in the right direction of how to do it?

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Merging towns from separate computers
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 11:22:08 AM »
As far as I am aware, you can't merge two saves.  What you can do is save one of the families to your gallery then use Manage Worlds to drop them into a current save, so at least both families would be in that game.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 11:28:22 AM »
Welcome to the Forum, funkywallace!

I'm not sure that what you're trying to do is technically feasible.

But if the result you want is for the household you're playing to be in the same town as the household your wife is playing, this is what I would suggest:

1. Save a copy of your household to the Gallery. They will keep their progress in skills and jobs and will keep their relationships within the household. They will not keep their personal or family inventories.

2. They'll have only $20,000 (plus an extra $2000 for additional family members), so you might not be able to move them directly into the house they lived in before.  Move them onto an empty lot.

3. Use the freerealestate cheat or money cheat to move them into the house they were in before.

If you made a lot of changes to a pre-existing house, you can also save that to the Gallery and then move it into your town.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline funkywallace

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 04:23:48 AM »
Thank you very much folks, I thought I'd give it a shot anyway, but it's good to know I can copy the household over.  I'll get onto that, and do it tonight.

Cheers again! :)