Author Topic: Sims 4: Perfect Patio Stuff  (Read 15678 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 4: Perfect Patio Stuff
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2015, 01:15:57 AM »
You can upgrade the hot tub with Aromatherapy.  There are 4 types of Aromatherapy you can then use once upgraded.

Use Jasmine Oil - Makes sims feel refreshed, reducing the duration of Sad buffs and providing a Happy Buff.

Use Sage Oil
- Makse sims feel focused, reducing the duration of Bored buffs and providing a Focused Buff.

Use Lemon Oil
- Makes sims feel energized, reducing the duration of Stressed buffs and providing an Energized Buff.

Use Peppermint Oil
- Makes sims feel giddy, reducing the duration of Uncomfortable buffs and providing a Playful Buff.

Update: The buffs have no duration while they are in the hot tub.  But while they are in the hot tub, the buff has the blinking up arrow.  I'm wondering if the longer you stay in the tub then the longer the duration you get the keep once you leave the tub.  I'll see in a bit.

Second update: One of my sims isn't showing a duration while in the tub on the buff but the other three are.  The initial buff appears to be 2 hours.  I'll want and see if that increases over time.  The buffs are also +2.

Third update: Yes, the buff duration increases over time spent in the hot tub.  I'm seeing a 3 hour duration now.

There's also Thioacetone  which gives a +4 uncomfortable moodlet. As far a I can tell you need to have a sim with Level 10 Mischief Skill and be at Level 10 Secret Agent or Criminal Career, and the mean, or evil traits for this oil to 'unlock'.

(*Edit the Thioacetone is a huge stinkbomb affecting the whole neighborhood, accessed it through an evil Sim with Mischief 10)

Also sims can watch the T.V. while in the hot tub.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2015, 06:21:16 PM »
While most of this stuff pack is very nice and there's a lot of nice variety in the patterns they offered for the furniture, I have to say the central item, the hot tub is very lackluster.

Unlike previous games, the hot tub does not help with fun.  All it will do is slowly increase hygiene.  In order to remove negative moodlets, you have to upgrade it to the oils, to get any fun you need to toss a TV up nearby for the sims to watch (I don't have sim yet capable of putting in the radio on the tub, I assume that upgrade will hopefully add fun?)

So far, my sims don't seem to like being in the hot tub very much, even if I'm trying to destress them using the oils.  They will promptly try and get out and pick another activity.  The pool is a much better recovery item, it will boost fun very fast, add a +2 happy moodlet and removes tense moods.  I was hoping the hot tub would be better for elder sims because a pool counts as exercise and can exhaust them, but right now, it's better to send them to the bathroom to have a bath. 

Experimentation continues... hopefully once the radio goes in the hot tub will be more attractive to the sims, as it is the hot tub is a very expensive and slightly soggy couch.
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2015, 09:55:08 PM »
I agree that hot tubs should boost fun.  I'm hoping for a fix from EA and that it's a bug.  If not, I expect some clever modder out there will fix it for them. :)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2015, 07:54:11 PM »
I agree that hot tubs should boost fun.  I'm hoping for a fix from EA and that it's a bug.  If not, I expect some clever modder out there will fix it for them. :)

And some one did. Fun Gain From Hot Tubs
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Dellena

« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2015, 05:19:47 AM »
I've tweeted a guru regarding this issue to ask if it's a bug but no response yet.

Dellena

« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2015, 07:50:05 PM »
Saw the following on Twitter today:

Matheus Soares @neonhighways
    @SimGuruGraham Could you please consider adding fun gain to the hot tubs? Sims are always leaving to do fun stuff, like they don't enjoy it!
    Graham Nardone @SimGuruGraham
    @neonhighways Yup, we'll tweak that in an update. Currently the hot tub is advertising fun to Sim's autonomy, but not actually granting it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2015, 10:47:15 PM »
That is good news.  Now my creaky immortal elders can enjoy it!
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

anything