Author Topic: Updating new versions of mods?  (Read 3548 times)

Offline seese1

• Nooboo
Updating new versions of mods?
« on: June 14, 2015, 03:27:04 AM »
Alright so, I do have a few mods in my game, the biggest one would be the MC Command Center Mod from modthesims and I'm just a little confused when it comes to new patches and such
I downloaded this mod around a week ago and now the new patch has come out so I went and checked the mod and it came out with a new version that works with the update
So I had version 1.06 and now there's a 1.07 THATS out
So does that mean that I have to remove 1.06 and then download 1.07..?
so basically how do I go about getting the new version of the mod?

Sorry if this is a no-brainer, I've just never had this problem in the sims 3 so I'm a little lost.
Thanks for your help :)
Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. <3

Dellena

Re: Updating new versions of mods?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 05:34:22 AM »
Yes, remove the old version and update to the new version.  Otherwise, you risk broken elements.  Any mod will likely need to be updated for every patch.  Also, you should have been doing with this Sims 3 as well.  Another thing - you should always move the mods folder out of the Sims 4 folder when doing a new patch.  If not, you can risk the patch not functioning properly.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Steellace

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 12:25:52 PM »
When you need to update a mod, go to the site and download the new one just like you did originally (only pick the new file).  Then go to the TS4 Mods folder, delete the old version, and put the new one in its place.  Do all of this before launching TS4.

If you are using TS4 Mod Manager, it's easier to update (imo).  You still have to go get the new file, but then when you drag it into the Mod Manager, you'll see two versions.  Just click on the old version and then the - (minus) button at the bottom left to delete it.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 04:34:48 PM »
In the Sims 3, patches are usually only given to us when there is an Expansion / Stuff pack coming up so we don't need to do this constantly. Most core mods like MasterCommand from twallan do need to be updated though whenever there is version change back then even though there is very little change between the patches.

A good rule is, if the patches note give a clear warning to remove custom contents / mods, please do so. Check the source of your mods and see the if the creator has made a new mods for the current game version or not.