Author Topic: Unable to save lot to library (Mod/CC Related)  (Read 12711 times)

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Unable to save lot to library (Mod/CC Related)
« on: June 08, 2015, 03:49:07 PM »
I have been trying to save my Early Civilization lot to my Library OR to the Gallery. I have built it twice now trying to figure out why it won't save. Any suggestions?

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
Re: Unable to save lot to library
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 04:04:52 PM »
I'll start off with the obligatory "Have you cleared your caches and repaired your game?"

If you've done that, I don't know how much help I can be. Can you tell me where things start to go wrong? From what you've said I'm thinking you got to the screen where you could save it  or place it in the gallery, and either weren't allowed to push the buttons or had an error message when you did. Am I right or did the error occue somewhere else in the process?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 04:06:07 PM »
Yes. I've done both. I ran out of ideas.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 04:06:52 PM »
No error message. It says it saves but it doesn't.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 04:15:09 PM »
It sounds like this maybe outdated mods/cc related.

Here are a few troubleshooting tips to try:

1. Move the mods folder to desktop (for testing purposes) and delete the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder. - This is to fully make sure it's not outdated mods/cc, or mods/cc that are no longer in game or some hidden files in the Mods folder.

How to Move the Mods Folder to Desktop:
[Go to C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and click on the Mods folder, select Cut and paste it to the desktop for testing purposes.]

If the game runs well without the mods folder. This most likely means that it is outdated mod or cc. This can happen as we get updates for the game, some mods and custom content become outdated. You'll need to to go through your mods folder to find what needs to be replaced or deleted.

How to Fix Problems with Mods/CC
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=25031.msg426156#msg426156

3. Repair Game:
In Origin > Games Library, right-click on Sims 4 and select Repair. - Do note this repairs the game's install files for the actual game. It does not make any changes to the saved game files. Meaning that your saved games are safe, they won't be deleted. If you'd like you can copy the Sims 4 folder to a USB key.

4. Try a Sims 4 factory reset and a new game save without mods/cc.

Try a Sims 4 Factory Reset - (What & Howto)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29292.msg401669#msg401669
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 04:57:48 PM »
 I figured it out. I had to remove the No Culling mod. Thank you!

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2015, 05:29:54 PM »
Glad you figured it out. Sometimes the mods could cause unexpected things which seems totally unrelated at all. On another note, I check that the mod creator on MTS haven't update the mods for the most current patch. The core mods actually need to be updated every new single patch despite not that much has changed in the core programming (I learned this when i tried using twallan mods on Sims 3). With sims 4 actually employing many bug fixes and tweaks every month, it is actually better to stay away from core mods for some time unless the creator actively update them.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2015, 05:37:15 PM »
I agree with @dodi90 regarding most mods yet.  I was an avid mod user in Sims 3.  Sims 4 has been updated so much and so frequently, the mods I've found just aren't able to keep up most of the time.  By the time they get updated, a new patch comes out within a couple weeks and you're back to removing it.  I've made the decision to go modless and no CC for the foreseeable future until a lot more of the bugs are sorted.  At least with Sims 4, there's so much more stuff available direct from EA.  I've been making use of the bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement cheat to open a vast amount of items for decorating a home.  Using the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat opens even more stuff for decorating.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2015, 05:40:38 PM »
Thank you. I use the No Culling mod to try to keep the game from deleting my deceased ancestors. I'm not sure how well it's working yet since my founder is still alive in this game. In my apocalypse challenge, my founder was deleted just a few days after he died.

Dellena

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2015, 08:15:25 PM »
Let the creator know about the problem you had.  Maybe they can fix it.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2015, 04:36:06 AM »
I think the problem with Sims 4 culling method is, if your sim is dead, it lose played status. To my knowledge, they only cull your townies so you never have to fear that the game suddenly deleted your played household. The mods use the most aggressive technique to remove culling which is to clear the codes responsible for it rather than making smarter culling method. This bound to have problem if the code structure change which is very likely given almost every month we have patches and most have warning to disable mods / cc.