Author Topic: Customers Won't Purchase  (Read 11983 times)

Offline redd010904

• Nooboo
Customers Won't Purchase
« on: July 06, 2016, 09:08:28 AM »
I have a retail bakery. I've set my high quality food for sale in a refrigerated case, and some non-food items in a non-refrigerated case. My store attracts customers who all interact with each other, but won't purchase anything. I can get the low retail interactions, such as answer questions, but no one seems to be interested in buying anything. I put some 'free' cupcakes by the register and the refrigerator case, but that doesn't seem to help either.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Customers Won't Purchase
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 06:33:47 PM »
Not really sure what might be going on for you but have you continued to chat up your customers using the retail socials? It can take some talking to get customers to the point where they want to purchase. As your sim gets better at this and buys perks etc this process can speed up. The icon above their head should slowly fill up as your sim uses the retail socials until the point where a basket will appear meaning they are ready to buy.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Happy

• Llama Wrangler
  • Sims 3 is awesome!!!
Re: Customers Won't Purchase
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 02:15:15 AM »
There had been games which no one buys anything even though I opened the whole night, have you tried talking to customers using the 'Retail' button? I think when you started talking, it would show you what stage of how they want to purchase something of yours, if you managed to chat them up and go to the last level (I forgot the name :-[), they would automatically have the ring up button right after you finished chatting them up. Hope it helped!
People shouldn't insult each other, after all, we all are human beings, how different are we?