Author Topic: can more than on sim be at work  (Read 4578 times)

Offline Lisabee2

• Nooboo
can more than on sim be at work
« on: May 24, 2015, 12:35:36 AM »
So has anyone tried .. or is it even possible to try sending more than one sim to work at the same place?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: can more than on sim be at work
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 12:42:18 AM »
I've got two sim's both in the active doctor career. You can only join with one sim at a time and when I am there the other sim is not... although when you mouse over the other sim in the UI it says they are at work. So, unless there is some trick I'm missing, it seems impossible to go to work and see the other sim at the same job/career lot.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 12:48:10 AM »
I don't think you're missing anything, it's just flat not coded to let this happen. I had two detectives, and once the first went to work I didn't get the option on the second. He was even going to miss work, doing gardening at work, because he wouldn't go in autonomously. The question you are asked is the trigger to start work and you're only asked for the first. When I sent #2 to work, I had to go back to the first and couldn't see the other guy anywhere on the lot. It's like he works at entirely different police station. Too bad! I guess marrying a co-worker you could easily find yourself in this situation, and the game might not even treat their employment correctly.

I am not sure how it works with two in different careers, but suspect there could be bugginess :( I think I need to see if this is reported on the EA Answers Bug HQ.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 05:37:51 PM »
Ah! I see, that explains why in my dynasty when I join one of my heirs the other (who is in a different active career and starts at the same time) gets stuck at home and takes a performance hit for missing work. It's a problem as they have both maxed their careers so their start times are now the same forever.
I get around it by not joining both of them as much as possible and so that way regain the lost performance from so-called 'missing work'
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.