Author Topic: Decorating baked goods  (Read 2182 times)

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
Decorating baked goods
« on: May 23, 2015, 10:01:25 AM »
I just tried decorating a baked good that was good quality, and it was still good quality after it was decorated.  I wonder what good decorating does, other than look nice for our own enjoyment.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
Re: Decorating baked goods
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 04:31:05 PM »
It seems that it only used for decoration, to bump up quality you can use Garnish from mastering gourmet cooking.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 10:18:02 PM »
Repeating it here so future visitors can see. I edited the guide to reflect that decorating raises the value 50%, which should stack with marketable and retail markups. With the huge boost in value of excellent goods, this makes decorating very much worth the time.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 01:58:12 AM »
It's nice to hear that. I'm glad decorating a cake actually has a use. I'm going to try this while running a bakery again

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 03:36:15 AM »
That, marketable, avoiding restocking.. it sounds super profitable. Please let me know how it goes if you try to max it out. I haven't done so but it's sound in theory. I may make a small article directed at only that concept :)

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2015, 06:54:29 AM »
Great discovery, Carl!  It doesn't seem to work on baked goods made from the cupcake machine that are sold at home, though.  I'll try it again later to be certain.

Edit:  Just tried it on some berry macaroons, and I can confirm that decorating them didn't raise their value when sold from home.