Author Topic: Sims freezing and not saving?  (Read 2145 times)

Offline heboestel

• Nooboo
Sims freezing and not saving?
« on: May 03, 2015, 01:14:26 PM »
Okay, first I'd like to say that I've never posted on here and I don't know entirely what I'm doing. I usually just search the problem and find someone's answer to someone else it's happened to, but I wasn't able to do that with this. I apologize if something about this isn't correct or it isn't in the right place.
With that being said, My Sims 4 has been acting up a lot lately, but it hasn't been bothering me too much. It usually runs pretty well with very little lag and rare crashes. Earlier today, I had been playing just fine but while my two sims were eating breakfast, they just stopped. They still had the breathing animation but they wouldn't cancel/add any actions and weren't eating the cereal I had them eating. I tried to reset them a couple times but it never worked. Finally I decided to pause it, save it, and close it so I could start it back up again and see if that fixed anything. My game usually saves really fast, but It's been about 30 minutes now and it's still trying to save.  Also, even though I paused it, in the background of the save I can still see time passing and my sims still breathing and moving their eyes around. It's kind of creepy. From what I can tell, their needs aren't going down. I guess I can force close my game and restart it, even though I'd rather not go back to my last save. I'm just afraid this will happen again and I don't know if anyone has experienced this and knows what to do?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims freezing and not saving?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 05:17:50 PM »
Hi Heboestel,

Tried to do some searching on the problems, and found a workaround that might help. You'll need to force close the game and restart it, if it's still stuck on trying to save. Move your Mods folder to the desktop or some place safe, if you have mods/custom content. Repair game.

Go back to your last game to see if things are now running correctly. If the Sims freeze up again, try the workaround below.

==============
Sims don't move anymore (work around)

1. Go to manage world
2. Evict current household
3. Click on the lot that you were in with your house
4. Click in move in household
5. Click the household you just evicted

==============
Sims don't move anymore (work around)
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Sims-don-t-move-anymore/td-p/3460483

Hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything